makemkv doesnt work - kubuntu 10.10

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
realburb

makemkv doesnt work - kubuntu 10.10

Post by realburb »

Hi,

I tried to launch makemkv from terminal with "makemkv" and this is what happen

me@me-maverick:~$ makemkv
(7185) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Opening cache "/var/tmp/kdecache-johannes/icon-cache.kcache" page size is 4096
(7185) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Attached to cache, determining if it must be initialized
(7185) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: Cache fully initialized -- attached to memory mapping
(7185) KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory: 3944448 bytes available out of 10485760
(7185) KSharedDataCache::insert: Overwriting existing cached entry due to collision.
me@me-maverick:~$

a pop up window appears and says "Application fails to initialize"

is this a bug or can I do something?
skittle

Re: makemkv doesnt work - kubuntu 10.10

Post by skittle »

Hi, yes it appears to be a bug. Weather it is with makemkv, or with the kubuntu provided Qt library files I do not know. My only advice is to:
1.) update system
2.) ask in ubuntu forums, or in their IRC channel
3.) wait for mike to respond.
BitJam2

Re: makemkv doesnt work - kubuntu 10.10

Post by BitJam2 »

I Googled(KSharedDataCache::Private::mapSharedMemory) and it seems people are having similar problems with other programs (gvim and vlc to name two). This is probably a problem with KDE/Kubuntu. One suggestion was to turn off gtk-qt-engine, but I don't know what that is or whether you have it on. I think you will probably find a solution that works for you by Googling the error message.