Help MakeMKV with docker container

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
talem84

Help MakeMKV with docker container

Post by talem84 »

so can confirm my drive can see and rip UHD movies on the windows partition. my issue is i have a Ubuntu partition i wouuld like to use with Docker and MakeMKV, ripping Bluerays works fine on there and Seeing the UHD disc works fine but when i try to read the contants of it i get an error "The Volume Key is Unknown for this Disc - video can't be decrypted" which is because its having issues either connecting to the proper download page or needs a VPN.
https://github.com/jlesage/docker-makemkv/issues/168
same issue persists here. Not sure if anyones fixed it.
flojo

Re: Help MakeMKV with docker container

Post by flojo »

Have you tried to add '--network host'?

Code: Select all

docker run -d \
    --network=host \
    --name=makemkv \
    -p 5800:5800 \
    -v /docker/appdata/makemkv:/config:rw \
    -v /home/user:/storage:ro \
    -v /home/user/MakeMKV/output:/output:rw \
    --device /dev/sr0 \
    --device /dev/sg2 \
    jlesage/makemkv
It would also be helpful to know if it immediately works on the host machine when it fails in the container.
talem84

Post by talem84 »

sorry for the late reply. i still get downloading is disabled or failed. i think i need a VPN also correct?
talem84

Post by talem84 »

apologies , so when i have it on windows and have vpn on it works fine ripping Terminator 2 . im on the linux side and when i try to rip and have it either on host or briodge i get failed.
talem84

Post by talem84 »

Still having issues with the Makemkv reading 4k in the DOcker Image. Works perfect in windows but in the docker image its still failing to download the SDF. any recomendations?
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

You probably should be asking in a forum that specializes in Docker as this looks more like a Docker problem.
talem84

Post by talem84 »

...... geee well im posting here since ive seen other posts oif the same with no help. hopefully someone nice and decent will help out
NGr2023

Post by NGr2023 »

Do you run a firewall in Linux?

If you are using firewalld you need to create a policy add the docker interface to the ingress zone and whatever your LAN interface is to the egress zone, otherwise docker will have no internet access.