Blu-Ray rips not working

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
doctorwhofan10

Blu-Ray rips not working

Post by doctorwhofan10 »

I recently purchased a few blu-ray titles on sale and couple of them had an issues.

1. When it reads the disc, it takes too much time and the output list has just "title" in the selection than the track name. Almost all the "titles" found have the same length. Only when I trip them do I get t00 or t01 or something like that at the end of the title.

2. The MKV file might look ok, but the movie is all jumbled up. For example, it will have places where it jumps forward and then back and it might play this 1 scene over and over again at different times.

I had this problem with : The Breaking Dawn: Part 1 and Three Musketeers.
I had purchased Predators and Immortals and they ripped just fine.

I am running Ubuntu Based Linux (Linux Mint 12) and I have MakeMKV version 1.7.6 (Registered License).

Let me know how to solve this issue. I think I had another thread mentioning this, but I do not think I got a response to that one.
Thanks

-DW
doctorwhofan10

Re: Blu-Ray rips not working

Post by doctorwhofan10 »

I have solution, but not sure if that will work for everyone.

Since this happened on couple of discs, I went over the file sizes that MakeMKV determines for each clip. Out of the x number of items shown, x-1 or x-2 will have a different size and the chapter sequence (on the right aka 506, 596, 577, etc) will be different. So what I did was I ripped 2 files. so I had 1 file which was 23.x GB and the other file was 23.(x+y).

The movie which was in the right sequence was the larger one. (23.(x+y)).

Let me know if this works for you.
Thanks

-DW
Smithcraft

Re: Blu-Ray rips not working

Post by Smithcraft »

I'm not sure what the question is, since your post seems to contradict the title, but guessing from your response, I think you might find the BDInfo db at the AVS forums to be helpful in determining what titles to rip or not rip.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1155731/new-u ... ons-thread

SC