Build problem on Ubuntu 64-bit

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
godzawor

Build problem on Ubuntu 64-bit

Post by godzawor »

It compiled (and worked) fine on my 32-bit laptop but on my 64-bit desktop, the OSS component compile fails with:

mkdir -p out
gcc -O3 -D_linux_ -oout/makemkv.full -Imakemkvgui/inc -Ilibmakemkv/inc -Isstring/inc -Ilibdriveio/inc \
makemkvgui/src/aboutbox.cpp makemkvgui/src/client.cpp makemkvgui/src/dirselectbox.cpp makemkvgui/src/logic.cpp makemkvgui/src/logtext.cpp makemkvgui/src/main.cpp makemkvgui/src/nativefiledialog.cpp makemkvgui/src/mainwnd.cpp makemkvgui/src/marshall.cpp makemkvgui/src/progress.cpp makemkvgui/src/scsiinfo.cpp makemkvgui/src/settingdlg.cpp makemkvgui/src/uisync.cpp makemkvgui/src/viteminfo.cpp makemkvgui/src/str/getstr.cpp makemkvgui/src/str/en_utf16.cpp makemkvgui/src/api_posix.cpp makemkvgui/src/api_linux.cpp makemkvgui/src/logic_posix.cpp tmp/qt_rsrc.cpp tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp tmp/moc_logtext.cpp tmp/moc_dirselectbox.cpp tmp/moc_aboutbox.cpp tmp/moc_settingdlg.cpp sstring/src/sstring.cpp libdriveio/src/srlist.cpp \
-DHAVE_BUILDINFO_H -Itmp \
-I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/lib/qt4/include -L/usr/lib/qt4 -lc -lstdc++ -lQtGui -lQtCore
tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp:12:25: error: qmetaobject.h: No such file or directory
tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp:13:26: error: qapplication.h: No such file or directory
tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp:15:34: error: private/qucomextra_p.h: No such file or directory
tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp:17:2: error: #error "This file was generated using the moc from 3.3.8b. It"
tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp:18:2: error: #error "cannot be used with the include files from this version of Qt."
tmp/moc_mainwnd.cpp:19:2: error: #error "(The moc has changed too much.)"

/usr/include/qt4 exists and qmetaobject.h exists inside /usr/include/qt4/Qt and /usr/include/qt4/QtCore

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
mike admin

Re: Build problem on Ubuntu 64-bit

Post by mike admin »

This is qt moc error. moc is a tool that generates glue code from qt classes. I can only guess that you either have two versions or a too old moc version on your system. moc is part of libqt4-dev. Also your log indicates that you're using moc from QT3, which is too old. Are you sure you have libqt4-dev package installed?
WolfOfCampscapel

Post by WolfOfCampscapel »

Try to change (in makefile.linux)

Code: Select all

MOC=moc
to

Code: Select all

MOC=moc-qt4
You probably have both libqt3-dev and libqt4-dev installed, and alternatives set to use qt3 tools by default. The change above was enough for me.
godzawor

Post by godzawor »

nope, no love.

I removed all qt3 dev components from the machine and rebooted.

when I 'moc' from the prompt I get:

Qt Meta Object Compiler version 61 (Qt 4.5.0)

Same error when compiling.

Thanks.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

That should be it. Look at your error, it says "This file was generated using the moc from 3.3.8b." In your case it should be 4.5.0 . There is some stale binary somewhere.
WolfOfCampscapel

Post by WolfOfCampscapel »

make clean