MakeMKV for Popcorn Hour C-200

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
pvdwaal

MakeMKV for Popcorn Hour C-200

Post by pvdwaal »

Is it possible to make a build for the new PCH C-200?
On networkedmediatank.com I've got a thread on it: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showt ... #pid276867

Main problem is that C-200 has subtitle issues, but not with mkv files.
I use the usenet client on the C-200 all the time, so all my content is directly saved on the internal HDD.
To make a mkv on my PC is not really an option, because coping 20GB for each m2ts movie to PC and back takes much to long over 100mbit.

When I can start MakeMKV directly on the C-200 would be an great workaround for now.
Besides a work-around, I think a lot of people will find this tool on the C-200 directly very handy.

Hardware of the C-200 is the new Sigma Designs 8643 chipset.
Any info about this is more than welcome :D
mike admin

Re: MakeMKV for Popcorn Hour C-200

Post by mike admin »

This is the good topic to discuss it. We would need help from someone familiar with development on that platform. The very first question is whether linux on C-200 comes with x-windows system or not. The easiest way to verify feasibility is to compile MakeMKV open-source package and try to execute it on the device. I'm waiting for volunteers to do that. :)
pvdwaal

Post by pvdwaal »

Thanks mike.

Unfortunately I cannot help due my very little (read none) knowledge of Linux and technical/software stuff reguarding the C-200.
But I will ask on the NMT forum.

I would really like to help as beta tester though.
vaidyasr

Post by vaidyasr »

Hi,
I would like to cross-compile the makemkv. Will makemkv work on command line?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

yes, but command-line options are somewhat limited. Please try to recompile open-source part first - libdriveio and libmakemkv and let me know how it goes. Also, please describe why do you need it (what is your usage scenario) - maybe you wouldn't need to run it on the device in a first place.
vaidyasr

Post by vaidyasr »

I was able to compile both libdriveio & libmakemkv without any issues. I am building for mips-linux-gnu which is meant for C200. I am just compiling as most of them request the makemkv software. But personally I don't need it since I don't have the BD source for the makemkv program.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

are there any plans to get GUI (x-server) support ?

Please PM me with instructions on how to get a toolchain - I assume that it is standard mipls-linux little-endian buildroot, but what libraries are on device?
vaidyasr

Post by vaidyasr »

rightnow C200 has directfb support. I don't know about x-server support. If there will be a command line, the task can be achieved by using a webserver with php interface to get the input and can process in the player. The toolchain is already available in codesourcery website. The link is http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/m ... release824
vaidyasr

Post by vaidyasr »

I have compiled successfully, but while invoke I got a error which says 'Failed to Initialize'. How to fix?