libaacs & MakeMKV

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
chriszero

libaacs & MakeMKV

Post by chriszero »

Hi,

I have tried MakeMKV with my XBMC, it works, but it have some well known restrictions. Slow seeking, no Bluray menues.
I've also tried libaacs (with patched drive firmware), which only works with my older blurays because of missing newer keys.
But it's an almost seamlessly integration in a mediacenter.

Sure I could copy the disk via MakeMKV to my harddrive, but I do not have so much disk space to copy all my blurays to the hdd.

So my question: could MakeMKV provide the keys for libaacs (maybe only for registered users, so no free beta).
1. Insert bluray
2. Start MakeMKV with special cmd parameter to create a keyfile
3. Play the bluray via libaacs & player

Or could you provide a own libaacs version with your magical decryption things?

Of course I could buy a Bluray-Player for 50 bucks, but I'm more willing to pay it to you.

Chris
chriszero

Re: libaacs & MakeMKV

Post by chriszero »

bump

So, what's it to be?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Can you please provide details how you use libaacs and what software uses it?
Fawkes

Post by Fawkes »

hi,

i think i can "translate" to the bluray terms

xbmc (and vlc) can make use of libaacs when installed und libaacs can use a keydb.cfg with disc id and volume unique key (libaacs also collects that data when used with valid host key and processing key)
if makemkv would dump diskid und vuk of a inserted disc it could be used for libaacs (keydb.cfg) and the player software like xbmc could directly play fom disc instead of the streaming method, even menus would be possible if they improve bd-j, atm xbmc (12.1) shows a dialog when index.bdmv is used (main movie, choose titel, bluray menu)
of course it will not work for bd+ discs (no libbdplus avalible) and on that point the streaming method of makemkv (or dumping to hdd) will be fine
its much more easy, faster an comfortable when the vuk can be used to play directly from br-drive because its all already in xbmc

edit: to be correct, its xbmc/vlc -> libbluray (hopefully more bd-j and menu support in the furure) -> libaacs/libbdplus
in the case of xbmc with libbluray and libaacs (with valid discid/vuk) the disc in br-drive is mounted as "decrypted" file system in the video section so the files on the disc can be browsed and the index.bdmv can be selected for replay
Last edited by Fawkes on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chriszero

Post by chriszero »

Yes, exactly, That's what I wanted to say :)