Streaming did not work

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
zim2dive

Streaming did not work

Post by zim2dive »

I was trying to stream Quantum of Solace.

Makemkv is able to read the disc and rip it.

When I hit Stream and went to VLC, I put in the URL: http://localhost:51000/stream/title1.ts and saw video.. BUT it was very blocky and the color was all wrong.

Anything I should try differently, or is this just something that isn't quite there yet?

thanks!
MrQwtLtn

Re: Streaming did not work

Post by MrQwtLtn »

wow that is REALLY odd!
ELVISPOPCORN

Post by ELVISPOPCORN »

zim2dive wrote:I was trying to stream Quantum of Solace.

Makemkv is able to read the disc and rip it.

When I hit Stream and went to VLC, I put in the URL: http://localhost:51000/stream/title1.ts and saw video.. BUT it was very blocky and the color was all wrong.

Anything I should try differently, or is this just something that isn't quite there yet?

thanks!
Well, streaming is still in beta. In fact, MakeMKV is still in beta too. I tried streaming feature it worked fine for me though.
rodercot

Post by rodercot »

Hey All,

Well I have been trying to stream for a week and the only disk I can get to stream is Gone in 60 Seconds. My initial platform was Zotac IONITX-F-E with 4GB and Lite-on 4x blu reader. I have tried 15 discs since and none will stream they go into a buffering state and lock up the system basically. This is on Myth9.10 and xbmc.

I have tried streaming from my windows machine and again it only works with Gone in 60 Seconds and no other discs.

I initially thought the issues were CPU related due to the Atom so I took my old machine a 7300 C2D with 2gb and did a clean install of Myth 9.10, XBMC etc and the exact same issues.

I use 195.30 GLX drivers and one thing I noticed when installing the makemkv deps it removed nvidia-195-glx-dev, not that this is req'd but that is the only thing i noted abnormal, still has the buffering issues, not as bad with the faster cpu but still will not play the several discs I tried.

I use a python script in xbmc that many others seem to be using with no issues. that launches via python, loads req'd xbmc files to play the stream then kills any makemkv session that is open and opens a new one, waits up to two minutes to for the stream to be ready. The script loads and runs fine then just starts buffering as I said. Then I have to kill the script by exiting xbmc and the next time it loads up and I try the script again the actual address of the stream is no longer 51000 but 51001, 51002, 51003 etc and unless I reboot I cannot get the stream back to address 51000.

I should note that even if I try makemkv from the command line and try to play this via firefox through xbmc's play command structure it still goes into the buffering issues until finally it kills xbmc but still continues to buffer if I let in run for about 20-30 Minutes I will get a OK in the browser window.

If I can supply any information let me know. I will be happy to.

Thanks,

Dave