Locked out of paid version MakeMKV

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
Murray

Locked out of paid version MakeMKV

Post by Murray »

I went to update my paid version of MakeMKV the other day, after I did so it said my version would no longer operate without a key. I hunted everywhere to find my original paid key but couldn't locate it, I was locked out!

I emailed support now three times over the last 4/5 days and still haven't had any response to all my emails. Has this happened to anyone, and why has this happened to me???

In the end out of shear frustration I had to find the free key to use MakeMKV, what a pain in the butt, this whole ordeal has been!

Do the administrators of MakeMKV not get back to paid customers, what is the story.
I really like the software and use it a lot. After a year of using it I thought I should support them and pay for it which I did. But really with little to no support in answering emails Im now wondering is it worth while supporting them as a paid member or not????
Woodstock

Re: Locked out of paid version MakeMKV

Post by Woodstock »

Email to support@makemkv.com is always the fastest way to get support from Mike for things like keys. This isn't his full-time job, from what I have seen, so sometimes he's not available.

The file that the access key is stored in for Linux should not be overwritten by an update.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging