Using key on Windows and Linux MakeMKV Installations

The place to discuss linux version of MakeMKV
vern034

Using key on Windows and Linux MakeMKV Installations

Post by vern034 »

Hi,

I recently purchased MakeMKV after using it on my Windows Desktop, but also found that you had a version for Linux too, so I've placed that on my netbook. When I purchased MakeMKV I saw the registration codes worked on all OS's, but when I put the code in, it only works on my Linux laptop, and not my Windows Desktop.

It this a bug, as it stated on the purchase page "Registration key is valid for all MakeMKV versions on all platforms. There is no expiration time or any subscriptions."

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Woodstock

Re: Using key on Windows and Linux MakeMKV Installations

Post by Woodstock »

Code should work on all versions, assuming it's entered correctly.

Copy/paste into Windows, however, has problems when you're using certain mail products, because they insert "extra stuff" in your copy-to-clipboard. You don't always see it...

At my job, we get several such problems reported per month. We suggest opening Notepad, and pasting into it, then copy/paste the information from there. Notepad will ignore the odd formatting codes that get picked up some times, and won't insert them when you copy text to the clipboard.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
vern034

Re: Using key on Windows and Linux MakeMKV Installations

Post by vern034 »

Hi there,

Tried that... Noticed that when copied from Adobe (Printed email to PDF), and pasted into Notepad the formatting put an extra space in.... alas with or without the extra space the code still only works on my Linux version.

I've also upgraded to the latest MakeMKV version too, but that hasn't resolved it either.

Thanks again for the help, and any further suggestions would be appreciated...