Batch Encoding and Default Settings

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
8bitkid

Batch Encoding and Default Settings

Post by 8bitkid »

hello,

first off, i've been on the encoding/transcoding scene for a while, but am new to this app, and was so pleasantly surprised to find something so well-suited to my needs, which is, as follows:

i currently use a Mac Mini to power my HTPC setup, and Plex is my software of choice. for years i have taken my DVD collection and converted it to VIDEO_TS folders, but, unfortunately Plex doesn't handle these well when they are for TV content, since the scrapers can't pick-up each individual show. i want to convert them losslessly to MKV to maintain all of the audio tracks, subs, etc., and this application seems to fit my needs perfectly.

however, i have two questions as i try to convert my whole TV DVD library over:

1) is there a way to automate the parsing and subsequent encoding of my VIDEO_TS folders to match certain criteria? if there was a to queue jobs, that would definitely help as well.
2) is there a way to select default options for the streams to be encoded? i would like it to default to selecting all of the child streams of a given VOB, but it seems to auto-select a single English audio stream.

many thanks for the help and the great application!
mike admin

Re: Batch Encoding and Default Settings

Post by mike admin »

You can use command-line version inside application bundle, makemkvcon. Console version will select all streams by default, also you can use right mouse click on any track or title for faster selection.