PS3 > Mac > MakeMKV

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
RarefiedAir24

PS3 > Mac > MakeMKV

Post by RarefiedAir24 »

Good afternoon,

I have my PS3 configured to send my blu-rays to my Mac which it does fine, the end result on the Mac end is an ISO file.

With this ISO file, I start up MakeMKV but MKV then in returns gives me a message "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted"

I tried the post over at doom9 and I did find a key for superbad that worked great, but I'm currently trying to do X-Men 3, and the volume key I'm using from there is still generating the volume key message in MKV.

Is there a trick to applying the key? with Superbad all I did was copy the volume key, opened up TextEdit, pasted the info into TextEdit, saved it, placed it in a folder and linked MakeMKV AACS to the folder.. I am doing the same steps for X-Men but it just isn't accepting it..

Is there another method to using the volume key???

I'm at a complete mind loss as far as what to do next.. Thanks for any help/suggestions...
soulslapper

Re: PS3 > Mac > MakeMKV

Post by soulslapper »

Hello, sorry for not answering your question but how did you stream or pull the ISO from the PS3. Or can you send me to a link. Thanks again.
RarefiedAir24

Re: PS3 > Mac > MakeMKV

Post by RarefiedAir24 »

Installed Ubuntu on the PS3, set-up SMB sharing on the Mac end, and with terminal in Ubuntu you can have it transcode or convert the blu-ray to an iso which in turn gets sent to the Mac, but with the PS3 hypervisor there's not much you can do with the ISO once the mac gets it.. which is what I'm trying to work/deal with...