Fatal error with Chronicles of Riddick

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
speters415

Fatal error with Chronicles of Riddick

Post by speters415 »

I am using the latest Makemkv and have copied about 30 blu rays with no problems. Today I was try to copy The Chronicles of Riddick and on the blu ray there is the theatrical version as well as the unrated. When I open the blu ray up with Makemkv I can see that there are two large titles, one is 17.7gb and the other is 23.1gb. Both have DTS-HD Lossless. So I selected both titles with the DTS HD lossless, yes I know that there is currently no way to play them back from a mac but I am sure there will be in the future. So everything was going fine, the first title was copied but then about 2.1gb into the second title I got an fatal error. I pulled out the blu ray to make sure it wasn't dirty, then I tried unselecting the DTRS HD Lossless, but again at 2.1gb I got a fatal error. I then tried using Anydvd HD and that also had an issue. So does anyone know why I was able to get the first title but not the second? Oh ya, they are VC-1.
Thanks,
Steve
mike admin

Re: Fatal error with Chronicles of Riddick

Post by mike admin »

Please enable "log debug messages" in preferences, restrt the program and see if any DEBUG messages will print, then post a log file here.
mrbass

Re: Fatal error with Chronicles of Riddick

Post by mrbass »

speters415 wrote: So I selected both titles with the DTS HD lossless, yes I know that there is currently no way to play them back from a mac but I am sure there will be in the future.
Steve
You can watch blurays on Mac with makemkv. Select file and stream. Copy a title stream URL and paste in into VLC and voila.