MakemMKV and Subler 0.9.7?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Claudio

MakemMKV and Subler 0.9.7?

Post by Claudio »

Anyone have luck using Subler to remux Blu-Ray .mkv rips into .mp4? I've had absolutely no success, All the output files are unreadable by Quicktime X.

I know DTS is not supported with the .mp4/.m4v container but for H.264/AC3 .mkv's I would love to be able to put them into a .m4v container.

This sounds totally wrong considering this application is called 'MakeMKV' but would the option to output as .m4v instead of .mkv be that hard to integrate?

Please don't responde with 'Just use Handbrake'. I do not want to encode and lose any quality. I simply want to change my Blu-Ray rips to the .m4v/.mp4 container.

If there is any other .mp4 muxer than Subler for OS X please inform me.

Thanks guys
jamiemlaw

Re: MakemMKV and Subler 0.9.7?

Post by jamiemlaw »

Claudio

Post by Claudio »

I had the 64-bit box checked every time and still no luck
alehel

Post by alehel »

I tried doing the exact same thing yesterday with a BD rip of Hollow Man with the same result. I got very choppy sound and no video. VLC was also unable to play the file. I was originally trying to do this because I wanted to see what Quicktime 7.0 Pro would be like for converting BD content to Apple TV out of pure interest. Looks like I'll never know :p. I also had the 64-bit chunks checked.