Registration Key for 1.9.9 BETA

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mickeym

Registration Key for 1.9.9 BETA

Post by mickeym »

Though the forum indicates the beta key should work to the end of March 2016 its hasn't worked for a while on my Macs. Is the new key going to be available soon? (its 3/31/2016)

Thanks for your help.
Cosmo Guesting

Re: Registration Key for 1.9.9 BETA

Post by Cosmo Guesting »

See this post:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... code#p3548

The new key gets updated in the News and Announcements forum.

"Never try to second-guess the clueless." —Malcolm Gordon

laguna_b

Post by laguna_b »

The Reg key does not seem to work and the page shows it only good to the end of May. Has it been updated yet?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It will be updated when it's updated, unfortunately - Mike will probably do it within the week, but no guarantees.

Until that time, though, setting the computer date back to before the cut-off, starting MakeMKV, then putting the correct date back in will keep you going.

Or registering and getting a permanent key.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cynicx

Post by cynicx »

Woodstock wrote:It will be updated when it's updated, unfortunately - Mike will probably do it within the week, but no guarantees.

Until that time, though, setting the computer date back to before the cut-off, starting MakeMKV, then putting the correct date back in will keep you going.

Or registering and getting a permanent key.
I can't get this to work in OS X.

I'll have MakeMKV closed (completely), set the date back to the middle of May, start MakeMKV, set the date back to normal and when its about half way through reading a disc it tells me the evaluation period has ended.

I also tried just leaving the date set back.

What do you think I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That is the first I've heard about MakeMKV checking the date mid-rip. Except you said evaluation period... Are you referring to using Bluray features, which have a separate "date counter" inside MakeMKV?

Try this: Set the date back, as before. Start MakeMKV, but this time go to Help->Register, and re-enter the beta key from the message linked above. It will be the same key that's in there, but it SHOULD reset the Bluray feature timer. I think.
cynicx

Post by cynicx »

Woodstock wrote:That is the first I've heard about MakeMKV checking the date mid-rip. Except you said evaluation period... Are you referring to using Bluray features, which have a separate "date counter" inside MakeMKV?

Try this: Set the date back, as before. Start MakeMKV, but this time go to Help->Register, and re-enter the beta key from the message linked above. It will be the same key that's in there, but it SHOULD reset the Bluray feature timer. I think.
Yes, it is a BD.

It appears that you are the man. It is currently making the MKV.

Depending on the results I'll purchase MakeMKV. I have massive collection of BD's I would like to make digital copies, a lot of which are foreign I can't find digital versions of.

Thanks a ton! I'll post back with the results!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You're welcome.

I got MakeMKV before I got into BDs much. My stand-alone BD player hasn't been plugged in since! All DVD or BD disks go into the computer for ripping, then boxed up. There are over 30 "bankers box" boxes in storage, just in case I need to rip the disks again. This avoids the inevitable "I didn't know my BD player was scratching disks, sorry!" when people want to watch something.
cynicx

Post by cynicx »

Woodstock wrote:You're welcome.

I got MakeMKV before I got into BDs much. My stand-alone BD player hasn't been plugged in since! All DVD or BD disks go into the computer for ripping, then boxed up. There are over 30 "bankers box" boxes in storage, just in case I need to rip the disks again. This avoids the inevitable "I didn't know my BD player was scratching disks, sorry!" when people want to watch something.
Worked like a charm!

I skimmed the mkv file using LocalCast app on my AppleTV via my NAS. Looked and sounded great!

Now I'm in the process of running it through Handbrake.

Thanks again! Will be purchasing makemkv.

However let me ask you, will OLD versions of makemkv work when newer versions are available?

The reason I ask is because on occasion I find new updated versions can break software. To make matters worse I'll sometimes find the old versions that worked properly won't work at all because there is a new version out and the old version is "locked out" pending update.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

So far the older versions have worked fine with a permanent key. It's been so long since I dealt with beta keys, I don't remember what happens with those.

You should hang on to the old install files, though. You are correct that sometimes an update comes out that breaks something. Mike used to keep the last 20 or 30 versions online for download, but a server crash last year wiped out the archive. I think I've got every Windows version going back to 2010, "just in case".