v1.9.10 Gatekeeper Problems

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
lyingidle

v1.9.10 Gatekeeper Problems

Post by lyingidle »

I updated to 1.9.10 yesterday and found that gatekeeper keeps blocking the app even when selecting "open anyway".

Gatekeeper has been, and is still set, to allow from only App Store and identified developers, but the "open anyway" exception has always worked before. I'm not sure if this is a change in the latest MakeMKV release, or something to do with OS X 10.11.5. Anyone else having this problem?

I was able to revert to 1.9.9 from backup, and launched it with no problems, but I'd like to keep up to date, and I'm wondering where the issue is coming from.
cynicx

Re: v1.9.10 Gatekeeper Problems

Post by cynicx »

I had the same problem. I had to actually change the setting for "Allow apps downloaded from:" to "Anywhere" than it would install. For some reason "Open Anyway" would not work, not sure if this is an OS X or MakeMKV bug, I would think OS X though since the OS is blocking the install.
lyingidle

Post by lyingidle »

Cynicx,

I figured that would work but I'm not willing to switch to "Anywhere" for security/safety reasons. I'm curious if you were able to switch back to "...App Store and identified developers" afterwards however.

It could be the OS, but I'm guessing that the MakeMKV developer status might have changed as well. Would be great if someone from the team could comment on this.
cynicx

Post by cynicx »

lyingidle wrote:Cynicx,

I figured that would work but I'm not willing to switch to "Anywhere" for security/safety reasons. I'm curious if you were able to switch back to "...App Store and identified developers" afterwards however.

It could be the OS, but I'm guessing that the MakeMKV developer status might have changed as well. Would be great if someone from the team could comment on this.
Thats what I did. I just switched to Anywhere for the moment it took to install then back to App Store and identified devs.

In reality its a protectionist feature, it keeps YOU from installing things that might not be safe. The problem with that is if YOU are trying to install something you will disable the feature (like you are doing with MakeMKV).