Errors when playing back the MKV after ripping

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
calebwalker

Errors when playing back the MKV after ripping

Post by calebwalker »

Everytime I access the MKV file after I ripped it with MakeMKV. It says, "No suitable decoder module". "VLC does not support the audio or video format 'undf'."

Also evrytime I try to stream the video to my PS3 I get network errors in every way I have tried to play it.

Lastly, I cant imagine paying for something that I get "community" support for. But if I can see that this is going to work as sold then I might buy not needing support but be that it is "beta" I cant imagine that I will not need support. Beta testers normally test for free and they get more than 30 days. All I can see in the first day is this software doesnt work yet.
mike admin

Re: Errors when playing back the MKV after ripping

Post by mike admin »

calebwalker wrote:Everytime I access the MKV file after I ripped it with MakeMKV. It says, "No suitable decoder module". "VLC does not support the audio or video format 'undf'."
In short, you need to install latest VLC player or use other playback software. This was discussed numerous times on this forum.
calebwalker wrote:Also evrytime I try to stream the video to my PS3 I get network errors in every way I have tried to play it.
It highly depends on the movie bitrate, some titles can be played by PS3 over network, some can't.
calebwalker wrote:Lastly, I cant imagine paying for something that I get "community" support for. But if I can see that this is going to work as sold then I might buy not needing support but be that it is "beta" I cant imagine that I will not need support. Beta testers normally test for free and they get more than 30 days.
MakeMKV is free while in beta with no time limit - http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053 .
calebwalker wrote:All I can see in the first day is this software doesnt work yet.
All problems you have described have nothing to do with MakeMKV. Playing back blu-ray MKV files on OS X is tricky, but that's the state of blu-ray on mac. Yet, you can find recipes on how to watch or convert MKV files on mac in this very forum.