V1.10.10 Evaluation Ended and not resetting

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
vila2k

V1.10.10 Evaluation Ended and not resetting

Post by vila2k »

I was just in the middle of running v1.10.8 After a successful conversion this morning I returned to my Mac (High Sierra 10.13.2) to find it said the key had expired and the app was out of date.

I deleted MKV and installed v1.10.10

When trying to start a conversion it comes up with a warning stating ;

"Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restrictions."

In About MakeMKV BETA is states

Licence type: Freeware
Evaluation: Ended
This Version expires: Mon Apr 16 2018 [75 day(s)]

I thought installing a new version of the app reset the evaluation period?

I checked the post with the current beta key which states its valid until the end of January 2018.

If i input this key and restart the app it states "Your temporary key has expired and was removed. Please restart the application."

Can anyone help please?
Woodstock

Re: V1.10.10 Evaluation Ended and not resetting

Post by Woodstock »

Unfortunately, it does not look like Mike updated the beta key message here with the new key from 1.10.10: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

It still lists the January key. And since it was expired, MakeMKV didn't accept it.

Temporary work-around: Set your system date to 20 January 2018. Start MakeMKV. Use the temporary beta key above to "register" it. After that, you can reset the system date to current, because MakeMKV only checks for expiration on start-up. This SHOULD also reset your Bluray feature clock.

I don't have a system that doesn't already have my key in it, so I can't copy the current beta key out of the install file, but maybe someone else who is running on a beta key can copy/paste the key here.

Hopefully, Mike will update the published beta key soon....
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Tayvl

Re: V1.10.10 Evaluation Ended and not resetting

Post by Tayvl »

I just entered the key again, restarted, and it's working. Used the old key (I guess it's still the old one).