Problems ripping Blu-Rays on Mac (Sharp drive)

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Lovely Rita

Re: Problems ripping Blu-Rays on Mac (Sharp drive)

Post by Lovely Rita »

How are uninstalling MakeMKV?
Just dragging an app to the trash will not delete all associated files.

I use AppCleaner.

Also you do not need KEYDB.cfg or the libaacs.dylib symbolic links for BD ripping.
KEYDB.cfg is UHD only and your drive is not on the UHD friendly list.
And.....MakeMKV has since moved away from the KEYDB.cfg file to a new "Hashed Keys" file format:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 12&t=16959

May want to try a complete uninstall of MakeMKV and try reinstalling without the above?
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

I am also getting plenty of SCSI errors using my no-name Blu-ray RW drive, that I use to rip. I am currently seeing about ~50% fail rate on ripping completely new Blu-ray discs, so it is getting quite annoying to say the least. DVD rips just fine on the same drive, despite the discs looking as if they have been used as play toys by an entire kindergarten, in case that matters. :) The drive is about 5 years old.
Attachments
MakeMKVSCSIerrors.txt
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Having recently ripped Princess Mononoke, I know there isn't much special about it.

Hate to say it, but it looks like your drive has lost its ability to read multi-layer disks. Anything over about 25GB is failing, isn't it?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Woodstock wrote:Having recently ripped Princess Mononoke, I know there isn't much special about it.

Hate to say it, but it looks like your drive has lost its ability to read multi-layer disks. Anything over about 25GB is failing, isn't it?
Could be, as I have no clue. I'll keep a look out and see if that is indeed the case. Thanks!
andefeldt

Post by andefeldt »

Lovely Rita wrote:How are uninstalling MakeMKV?
Just dragging an app to the trash will not delete all associated files.

I use AppCleaner.

Also you do not need KEYDB.cfg or the libaacs.dylib symbolic links for BD ripping.
KEYDB.cfg is UHD only and your drive is not on the UHD friendly list.
And.....MakeMKV has since moved away from the KEYDB.cfg file to a new "Hashed Keys" file format:
https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 12&t=16959

May want to try a complete uninstall of MakeMKV and try reinstalling without the above?
Sorry, for a late late late reply - got way to much going on here :)

I've completly uninstalled MakeMKV and ALL associated files. Installed the latest MakeMKV and skipped the KEYDB.cfg and libaacs.dylib this time around.
Again, I got the exact same errors as before. Running the discs in other software works without problems!

This is very frustrating.