4K Keys on Mac Version of MakeMKV

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
audioguy

4K Keys on Mac Version of MakeMKV

Post by audioguy »

I am a new and happy MakeMKV/Mac user but so far have only done about 80 BR's (all but one successfully - Episode 1 of The Hunger Games).

I have a few 4K's I want to rip as well and have read their is a keys file I need to download and place somewhere on my system. (1) Where do I find the file to download and (2) where do I place it on my Mac?

I was always afraid to get into the "ripping" business but this product (and this forum) and some help from on-line friends have made it very straight forward. I will end up with 4 drives on two Macs doing the ripping so I can get through the hundreds of movies I want available.

Thanks for the software to do this!!
rivey

Re: 4K Keys on Mac Version of MakeMKV

Post by rivey »

audioguy wrote:I am a new and happy MakeMKV/Mac user but so far have only done about 80 BR's (all but one successfully - Episode 1 of The Hunger Games).

I have a few 4K's I want to rip as well and have read their is a keys file I need to download and place somewhere on my system. (1) Where do I find the file to download and (2) where do I place it on my Mac?

I was always afraid to get into the "ripping" business but this product (and this forum) and some help from on-line friends have made it very straight forward. I will end up with 4 drives on two Macs doing the ripping so I can get through the hundreds of movies I want available.

Thanks for the software to do this!!
I can help you with question 1 but since I don't know Mac that one is lost to me. Follow the link to the file you need.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic ... 12&t=16959
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Where to PLACE the file is in your MakeMKV data directory, which is set in Preferences->General.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Default location - /Users/[yourusername]/Library/MakeMKV