Pixcelation

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
pgjscottie

Pixcelation

Post by pgjscottie »

Pixelation problems i am running MacOS High Sierra very 10.13.5
Have spoken with Apple today about pixelation problems on playback of some of my MakeMKV video files
I have used MakeMKV for many years on both Windows and mac platforms without any issues but now am experiencing pixelation in parts of my movie files
they have suggested it could be because of the architecture change in Apple software is there an update for MakeMKV for macOS due?
My blu ray drive is a pioneer BDR-S11J in an icybox USB enclosure
Woodstock

Re: Pixcelation

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV creates the same MKV file regardless of operating system. If you rip a disk on Windows, Linux, or MacOS, the MKV file itself will be the same copy of the video that was on the disk.

Pixelated video can come from several sources. When you were ripping the disk, did you get a message about BD+, or "no FUTs"? BD+ is a copy protection method that deliberately creates pixelization, and has code to create "fix up tables" to undo the damage. It changes over time, so a really new disk might have BD+ protection that MakeMKV cannot deal with yet. But you should see the "no FUTs" message if that happens.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
pgjscottie

Post by pgjscottie »

I did not notice any unusual notices when the disk opened it was an older movie from 2006 Deja vu blu ray i will get the disk again but i also had it happen on The girl with the dragon tattoo blu ray i thought perhaps my imac had a graphics card problem hence i contacted them they were quiet helpful but did think it could be a software issue due to a change in the architecture of High Sierra
johnlui71

Post by johnlui71 »

I bought the blue ray Daja vu at best buy in 2016, I have tried cleaning the disk no scratches on disc, uninstalling + reinstalling the software to no avail, dvd plays in my xbox 1s. The makemkv will only backup a few chapter and give these erro see below. Trying to find out what these error refers to, the definition of each error please see screenshot. Tried 2 seperate writer internal liteon ihbs312 als external Lg Be14nu40 both writer performed task identically. This has lead me to belief this disc need a hash key or the software is unable to decrypt the files in a few of these folder please advise as to next steps that can be take. Comparing the backup vs disc i also observed the disc 28 GB is not on the back up I have tried redoing the process multiple times to no avail.Image
Attachments
disc info.jpg
disc info.jpg (197.2 KiB) Viewed 14695 times
copy fail.jpg
copy fail.jpg (260.33 KiB) Viewed 14695 times
copy fail.jpg
copy fail.jpg (260.33 KiB) Viewed 14695 times
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

johnlui71, posix permission errors indicate that you don't have permission to write to the destination directory; that's outside MakeMKV's control.

Are you sure your destination has sufficient space to write the files?

It also looks like you're running version 1.12.3 of MakeMKV; Try v1.12.2 and see if you get different results.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
iMactouch

Post by iMactouch »

Are you using macOS 10.14?
Then you have to give Makemkv the right to write to the disk (via system control panel), otherwise you get thos "permission errors". That is normal behaviour unter 10.14.!
johnlui71

Post by johnlui71 »

Thanks, I am about to try downloading MakeMKV; Try v1.12.2
however i am running mac os high sierra ver: 10.13.6 not sure how to give mkv the right to write to the disk (via system control panel)
My destination has 3 terra bites space to write the files. Will let u know how it works out thanks again
johnlui71

Post by johnlui71 »

I was able to dL the makemkv v1.12.2 the helped a bit. I was able to backup most of my dvd except the first 15 min. The movie started out when Denzel speaking with the father about the death of his
Daughter. I think this may be why Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating '/Library/Preferences/OpenDirectory/MKB_v1_save.tgz'
I right click on makemkv logo + show package content + content + lib saw the file libmmbd.dylib. not sure what to do next or I and in the correct place to save file to MKB_v1_save.tgz .
Can u explain how to give permission to write in detail I am on a Mac OS I appreciate your assistance

Attachments
compress or missing.jpg
compress or missing.jpg (329.85 KiB) Viewed 14638 times
missing from bk.jpg
missing from bk.jpg (221.77 KiB) Viewed 14638 times
Permission posix error.jpg
Permission posix error.jpg (211.24 KiB) Viewed 14638 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

johnlui71 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:52 pm
I was able to dL the makemkv v1.12.2 the helped a bit. I was able to backup most of my dvd except the first 15 min. The movie started out when Denzel speaking with the father about the death of his
Daughter. I think this may be why Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating '/Library/Preferences/OpenDirectory/MKB_v1_save.tgz'
The "450045" error is fixed in 1.14.0 . The posix errors come from the fact that you have changed the "MakeMKV data directory" in preferences to "/Library/Preferences/OpenDirectory". Please change it back to default value, or at least to an accessible folder.