OSStatus = 99999 error

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
timsusman

OSStatus = 99999 error

Post by timsusman »

Hi,

I've downloaded and run MakeMKV in the past. When getting the latest version, though, I get an error that says "The operation cannot be completed (OSStatus = 99999)" whenever I try to run it after opening the package. I've checked this error on the Mac forums and they suggest downloading it from a different browser or resetting a setting through Terminal. I tried both these things and am still getting the error.

I'm running Mojave, MacOS 10.14.2, on a MacBook Air that is 3-4 years old. I initially downloaded MakeMKV through Safari, but have also tried Chrome and Firefox. I've restarted the computer and I get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated!

: Tim
T'hain Esh Kelch

Re: OSStatus = 99999 error

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Did you ever find a solution for this problem? I get it after installing v1.15.2 on High Sierra.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Doing a search for this error comes up with a lot of hits about the MacOS policy database being corrupted.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

You are indeed correct Woodstock, as turning off Gatekeeper fixed the issue temporarily. I have to look more into it.

Edit: For anyone with similar issues, open your Terminal and type in the following and press enter:

Code: Select all

sudo spctl --master-disable
Then type in your password when the Terminal asks for it, to turn off Gatekeeper. Then launch MakeMKV, which should now start just fine, and then go back to the terminal and type in the following and press enter:

Code: Select all

sudo spctl --master-enable
to restart Gatekeeper. MakeMKV should not provide you with any start up issues again, as the system has now approved it for whatever reason. This may have to be repeated with every MakeMKV update, but fortunately, they don't come often.. :P