Toy Story 3

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
jellegard

Toy Story 3

Post by jellegard »

i just purchased Toy Story 3 and MakeMKV doesn't seem to be ripping it. there are 3 chapters/files that are 27.3 GB and i have tried all 3 but the output file size remains at 2k. any ideas? appreciate any and all help. thx.
greguva

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by greguva »

Apologies if this is a duplicate, but I posted this reply a few days ago and it hasn't shown up yet. Anyway, I have also tried - and failed - to rip TS3. According to the MakeMKV log, TS3 is protected by a new version of AACS copy protection :x
jonathanrn

Post by jonathanrn »

AACS v19. Any word to when there is going to be an updated key?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

jonathanrn wrote:AACS v19. Any word to when there is going to be an updated key?
MakeMKV supports AACS V19 . Please post the debug log per http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8
jonathanrn

Post by jonathanrn »

I'm sorry Mike! I guess I just didn't wait long enough for the file to be processed. It would read 2Kb output size and appear to go nowhere. The times before, i'd cancel it after about 2 minutes becausethe output size didn't change. This time I waited so that the debug would return some kind of error... or so I thought... but at the ~3 minute mark, the output size started growing and finished without any problems. The MKV looks great! I'm sorry for the lack of faith in your program!!

-Jonathan
greguva

Post by greguva »

That's interesting. It won't rip at all on my machine.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

jonathanrn wrote:I'm sorry Mike! I guess I just didn't wait long enough for the file to be processed. It would read 2Kb output size and appear to go nowhere. The times before, i'd cancel it after about 2 minutes becausethe output size didn't change. This time I waited so that the debug would return some kind of error... or so I thought... but at the ~3 minute mark, the output size started growing and finished without any problems. The MKV looks great! I'm sorry for the lack of faith in your program!!

-Jonathan
Yes, this disc has 3 versions of the movie all cut from small M2TS fragments. You can see that "input file name" changes as the program does initial scan of all segments.
chipsAhoy

Post by chipsAhoy »

I think there are some defective disks. I also couldn't do anything with the main title on disk 1. I returned it in exchange for a new copy. The copy worked fine.