Make MKV from DVD-rips (TS_Video)

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
teacher24_70

Make MKV from DVD-rips (TS_Video)

Post by teacher24_70 »

I've ripped some TV series DVD's with RipIt. These are on my drive now as full TS_Videos. I was hoping that I could use the Make MKV app to convert the episodes from the ripped files instead of feeding in the physical DVD's. It APPEARS that I can do this by clicking the "Source" folder icon at the top of the window. However, when i do this and browse to the ripped TS_Video files, the "open" button is not selectable. I then have to cancel the window. I've made sure that Enable is set to "all video files" , but that still doesn't solve the problem.

Does MakeMKV require the physical disk? Is it not possible to do it from a file? If so, how.

I'm running the newest version of MakeMKV on my Mac Mini running OS 10.6.4.
mike admin

Re: Make MKV from DVD-rips (TS_Video)

Post by mike admin »

Yes, just open a "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file from a corresponding folder.
teacher24_70

Post by teacher24_70 »

Thanks. I figured this out myself shortly after posting. Just forgot to post back my update. This didn't seem intuitive to me. I just assumed that browsing to the highest level of the folder would be the correct way. I figured it out purely by accident as I continued poking around to see if anything caused the "open" button to activate.

Thank you for your help though. Maybe this post will help future visitors to the forum.
ckalem

Post by ckalem »

Hi,
I have attempted to follow the same procedure listed above, but the Video_TS.IFO file while present, is not selectable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Squirrellydw

Post by Squirrellydw »

By doing this does it compress anything or is it 1 to 1?