Too many files in rip

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mkvgrub

Too many files in rip

Post by mkvgrub »

Hi. So I set my minimum preference to 1400 seconds, and that strips out a heck of a lot of (to me) useless files, but several BDs (e.g., The Pacific) seem to have multiple copies of the main features. So far, I've been ripping all, opening the rip in Plex, and trying to determine if there's any difference, and so far, there doesn't seem to be any difference. Does anyone know of a method to decide which to rip before ripping?
setarip_old

Re: Too many files in rip

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

With regard to "The Pacific", if you're talking about the Blu-ray version, there are two episodes on each of the first five discs ("Extras" are on the 6th and final disc)

mkvgrub

Post by mkvgrub »

Thing is, while there's two episodes on the first The Pacific disc, MakeMKV gives me the choice of 4, 2-each of 10.41GB and 2-each of 10.78GB, and their rips appear to be the same thing. Others: - The Princess and the Frog gives 2-each of 18.69GB and 2-each of 18.68GB, - Coraline gives 1-each of 16.66GB and 1-each of 16.43GB, - District 9 gives 2-each of 21.69GB and 2-each of 21.63GB, - The Hangover gives 1-each of 13.87GB and 1-each of 12.83GB, and so on... very confusing.

I have MakeMKV preferences set to limit minimum title length to 1400 seconds to eliminate all the chaff (I have never watched any extras, except on LoTR and some cartoons), but If I put it back to default 120 seconds, I still get the multiple main features so that's not the cause.
skittle

Post by skittle »

The others have alternate scene or alternate angle for a different language... on the disk these are all tied together via a playlist and impossible to tell which one you want to keep without watching it.
mkvgrub

Post by mkvgrub »

OK. Thanks very much.