Rip okay but no sound

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Fabio4273

Rip okay but no sound

Post by Fabio4273 »

I have been trying to Rip a BluRay movie and have been successful with the exception that the sound is missing. Tried several times and getting same results. I have been successful in copying this movie using PAVtube and AUNsoft but would really like to do the deed with MakeMKV. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :(
skittle

Re: Rip okay but no sound

Post by skittle »

What are you using to playback the mkv? Try the latest VLC, and if that doesnt work... post mediainfo output of the file http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
Fabio4273

Post by Fabio4273 »

Thanks, I'm using Toast 10 Video Player 3.0. Just tried VLC and am getting the same results. Did download the Mediainfo but not sure how to use it and as an eighty year old some things come easy and some not so easy as in this case. Still would like to solve this one as i have used MakeMKV in the past on DVD's without any problems.
MacPro 2.66GHz Quad Core
skittle

Post by skittle »

Dont listen to that guy ^ he is just a spammer.

Anyway, open mediainfo and file->open the mkvfile. Then go to view->text then post the output here. What version of VLC were you using to playback? Newer versions should support lossless codecs...