Am I the only one that can't save settings?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
DavidTigerFan

Am I the only one that can't save settings?

Post by DavidTigerFan »

Everytime I either try to set the default directory or the minimum title length it errors and says "Failed to save settings" then "Some settings will apply next time you start the application". If I exit, everything is back to the defaults. However, if I use it before I exit, all the settings stay except for default directory. Any idea?
DavidTigerFan

Re: Am I the only one that can't save settings?

Post by DavidTigerFan »

Anyone? DASPI mode has basically hosed my ripping capability so I'd like to revert to 1.6.3. However, because I can't save any settings when I enter the key I got when I bought it, it won't register and then I can't load the program.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

If you just disable DASPI then 1.6.5 should work as good as 1.6.3 . The settings are saved in file ~/.MakeMKV/settings.conf - check permissions or delete the file if needed.
DavidTigerFan

Post by DavidTigerFan »

Mike, no matter what I do, I cannot save my settings for some reason. As soon as I change anything in preferences it says "Failed to Save settings". I then click ok and get another dialog that says "Some settings will apply next time you start the application". The settings will stick while I have the app loaded, but as soon as I restart it, it has forgotten again. I can't even put in my key I bought.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please run terminal and post the output of

Code: Select all

id
ls -la ~
ls -la ~/.MakeMKV
either here or via PM