Endless Permission requests that are never honored

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
dcoke22

Re: Endless Permission requests that are never honored

Post by dcoke22 »

There's another thread where people have chatted on this topic. I don't know if it contains the answers, however.

Issue with MakeMKV 1.16.5 on M1 Macs running macOS Monterey (needs code signing)

I run MakeMKV on Monterey on Intel. I don't see the repeated permissions requests.
mmaslar

Post by mmaslar »

dcoke22 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:18 am
There's another thread where people have chatted on this topic. I don't know if it contains the answers, however.

Issue with MakeMKV 1.16.5 on M1 Macs running macOS Monterey (needs code signing)

I run MakeMKV on Monterey on Intel. I don't see the repeated permissions requests.
That’s the thread I referenced earlier in this thread, but as WAYFLIX pointed out, that issue only impacts the installation. Anyway, the “solution” in that thread is to pay $99 for a developer account and sign the app yourself, so not really much of a solution.
larry47591

Post by larry47591 »

Still no real fix for this? Might Just start running mkv in parallels
blake27182

Post by blake27182 »

The above solution works for me as well -- Opening it through Terminal.

I tried creating a symlink for it in /usr/local/bin but it seems makemkv uses relative paths to open supporting files, so it cant find find them when invoked that way. Not too anoying for me though since i usually do these long-winded ripping sessions without closing the application. Still a good kink to work out in the future though.
cinemaslavejoe

Post by cinemaslavejoe »

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed. Yes, it works through Terminal, but I didn't think programs would get harder to run after buying a Silcon Mac.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

cinemaslavejoe wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:12 am
but I didn't think programs would get harder to run after buying a Silcon Mac.
thats exactly what i would have expected apple making it scarier to run anything out of their app store that they cant make $$$ on.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com