Selecting items with the keyboard

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Tiny Clanger

Selecting items with the keyboard

Post by Tiny Clanger »

Not sure which version changed this — probably 1.64 but I missed that version :)

You used to be able to toggle selections in the list with the space bar. Since there's no "select all/deselect all" (Cmd-click should do this, like in iTunes) being able to toggle a large number of unwanted titles off by pressing "down space down space down space" was incredibly useful. Now it seems that a checkbox can only be toggled with the mouse, which is much slower and more fiddly.

This is a huge backward step. Please could we have the old behaviour back?

Thanks

(Reverting to 1.6.3 with Time Machine seems to have disabled the ability to edit preferences, as well — even after deleting the plist from ~/Library/Preferences…)
mike admin

Re: Selecting items with the keyboard

Post by mike admin »

Tiny Clanger wrote:Since there's no "select all/deselect all"
Right click?
Tiny Clanger

Post by Tiny Clanger »

mike admin wrote:
Tiny Clanger wrote:Since there's no "select all/deselect all"
Right click?
Gah! I never thought of that — I was looking for the Edit menu (it would be useful to have that anyway, as then we can use the system's Keyboard preferences to assign keyboard shortcuts to these items)

Thanks

(Edit: would be even more useful to be able to select multiple items with Shift-click so we can then toggle them all at once with the context menu)
Tiny Clanger

Post by Tiny Clanger »

…even more bizarrely, after reverting to 1.6.3 then reinstalling 1.6.5, the space bar is working normally again!