DASPI v1.2 - MUST reinstall

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mike admin

DASPI v1.2 - MUST reinstall

Post by mike admin »

The bug in DASPI driver causing occasional hangs (and even rarely kernel panics) was identified in DASPI 1.1 . The new version, DASPI v1.2 is available for download at http://www.makemkv.com/download/daspi_1.2.pkg . Please install this update to avoid future MakeMKV instability. Only DASPI driver needs to be reinstalled, there is no need to update MakeMKV at this point.
mobyline

Re: DASPI v1.2 - MUST reinstall

Post by mobyline »

Hi Mike and everyone else here,
DASPI 1.2 doesn't change anything for me.
After backing up a BD (I'm only doing this) ejecting is impossible and my kernel drives nuts (colored wheel). Only a hard reset (power button) brings back my system.
BUT...when ejecting immediately after the backup is done, BEFORE the drive spins down, then everything works well!
All my problems do only appear when I wait too long with the eject... I'm not able to await every jobs end in front of my Mac.
My suggestion for a workaround:
Implement an "eject Media immediately when done" setting please. I think this will solve many problems...at least mine! :)
This suggestion is not so bad...what else is the next step after the job is done?

Best
Peter

PS
excuse my bad english please
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

mobyline wrote:BUT...when ejecting immediately after the backup is done, BEFORE the drive spins down, then everything works well!
Your drive SHOULD NOT spin down with MakeMKV running and DASPI 1.2 . Can you please verify that DASPI in /System/Library/Extensions is indeed 1.2 ?
vinger

Post by vinger »

The installation of this update doesn't change anything for me : it still doesn't work correctly.
MakeMKV began the scan of BR and suddenly STOPPED, then unmount the BR drive on the desktop with many error messages...
I've joined the MakeMKV log file if it helps you to understand what is the problem I meet since the 1.6.4 update of MakeMKV : it never runs correctly !
BR I've already ripped (before 1.6.4 update) doesn't pass now with MakeMKV. But my USB BR-drive works correctly, because I can rip under a Windows seven VM with anyDVDHD on the same MAC...
Thanks for your help !
Vincent
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(53.3 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
mobyline

Post by mobyline »

Hi Mike and everyone,
I veryfied that DASPI 1.2 was installed.
But for shure I unloaded DASPI, removed the .kext file and reinstalled DASPI 1.2.
MakeMKV says, that it uses DASPI for BD drive access, but nothing changed.
The drive spins down when finished and my Mac drives nuts.
I'm not kidding, but a setting 'eject when finished' will solve my problem.

Sorry that I have no better news
Best
Peter
bpalatt

Post by bpalatt »

I'm having a similar problem. I've installed daspi 1.2, but when I launch makemkv, it still says "it's highly recommended to install daspi" and then uses direct access mode. I've attached a screenshot. Thanks for any help!
Attachments
daspiscreenshot.tiff
daspiscreenshot.tiff (309.66 KiB) Viewed 28876 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

vinger wrote:The installation of this update doesn't change anything for me : it still doesn't work correctly.
MakeMKV began the scan of BR and suddenly STOPPED, then unmount the BR drive on the desktop with many error messages...
I've joined the MakeMKV log file if it helps you to understand what is the problem I meet since the 1.6.4 update of MakeMKV : it never runs correctly !
BR I've already ripped (before 1.6.4 update) doesn't pass now with MakeMKV. But my USB BR-drive works correctly, because I can rip under a Windows seven VM with anyDVDHD on the same MAC...
Thanks for your help !
Vincent
What is the model for your USB enclosure?
What happens if you run windows version of MakeMKV inside virtual machine on the same hardware?
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hi,
My USB drive is a SilverStone SST-TS05B. :P
I haven't paied any Windows license of MakeMKV software.
However I've installed AnyDVDHD on my Seven Parallels Machine, and I can rip all of my Blurays... (I prefer avoid Windows :wink: )

Thanks for your help.
Vincent
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

vinger wrote:I haven't paied any Windows license of MakeMKV software.
MakeMKV uses the same license for all platforms, your mac license will work in windows VM. Please try with makemkv in windows VM - it will help troubleshooting the problem.
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,
I've just installed MakeMKV165 in a Parallels Virtual Machine and test it with AVATAR bluray disc, which I've never achieved to rip correctly...
And surprise.... it works :!:
So, the problem I have is only for my MacOS X version of the software.
But, I don't want to launch a VM, when I want to rip a Bluray. I prefer and want to work on native OS X applications, and that's why I bought your application. And I've already had a license of Slysoft AnydvdHD which runs correctly on my VM.
So I think it confirms my BD drive is OK.
But where is the problem ? A bug ?
Thanks for your explanations.... :oops:

Best regards

Vincent
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,
I've just installed the new version of MakeMKV. But the problem is still the same. MakeMKV failed on Blurays it worked correctly befor 1.6.4 upgrade with DASPI drivers...
Please help me, cause I prefer work on MAC, than on a Parallel VM....

Best regards
Vincent
mobyline

Post by mobyline »

mobyline wrote:Hi Mike and everyone,
I veryfied that DASPI 1.2 was installed.
But for shure I unloaded DASPI, removed the .kext file and reinstalled DASPI 1.2.
MakeMKV says, that it uses DASPI for BD drive access, but nothing changed.
The drive spins down when finished and my Mac drives nuts.
I'm not kidding, but a setting 'eject when finished' will solve my problem.

Sorry that I have no better news
Best
Peter
Hi Mike,
nothing changed in v1.6.6. The same fault and still no "eject when done" option.
I payed for my license, but MakeMKV is unusable for me.
I want my money back.

Best
Peter
kfreeb

Post by kfreeb »

I've been using MKV for about 8 months now, and I must say that this is the best Blu-ray ripper out there. I have never had any issues with the software. Any problems I experienced has always been due to bad disks, or something I missed during installation.

I you're having problems with MKV, it would be helpful to list your hardware setup exactly: OS version, drive model, (how it is connected) version of MKV your using and how long it has been sense you have run a disk repair utility on your main drive, etc.

Many issues can be due to an old, unmaintained OS X, (run a disk utility.)

Below is my setup.
2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon (mid 2012)
64GB Memory
Mac OS X 10.14.6
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,
I'm a registered user of MakeMKV since One Year, but I met problem since 1.6.4 release and the daspi apparition.
I confirm this software is very fun, but now I must use it under windows in my Parallels VM.....argh!
When I see a new release I hope it is my problem solution : but not this time. the last releas with a proper reinstall of daspi haven't changed anything and my MakeMKV doesn't run on my OSX (10.6.7).

My last log :
MakeMKV_log.txt
(116.84 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
Thanks for your help.

Vincent
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

vinger wrote:Hello,
I'm a registered user of MakeMKV since One Year, but I met problem since 1.6.4 release and the daspi apparition.
I confirm this software is very fun, but now I must use it under windows in my Parallels VM.....argh!
When I see a new release I hope it is my problem solution : but not this time. the last releas with a proper reinstall of daspi haven't changed anything and my MakeMKV doesn't run on my OSX (10.6.7).

My last log :
MakeMKV_log.txt
Thanks for your help.

Vincent
This looks very much like a buggy USB chipset. What drive do you use, and how is it connected? If it's USB, can you please look up the model for USB-SATA bridge in system profiler?