DASPI v1.2 - MUST reinstall

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
vinger

Re: DASPI v1.2 - MUST reinstall

Post by vinger »

Hello,

First, thanks for your help :)
My drive is an USB drive, model SilverStone SST-TS05B.

Why I look up the model in the system profiler I find the result shown on my screenshot.
Capture d’?cran 2011-04-13 ? 20.08.27.png
Capture d’?cran 2011-04-13 ? 20.08.27.png (177.59 KiB) Viewed 15362 times
But I don't understand, because it works fine in my Parallel VM under Seven : the problem appears only on the MAC OS X....?! And before the 1.6.3, it works fine on MAC OS X (except with Avatar Bluray). :?

Best regards
Vincent
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,
I've downloeded and installed 1.6.8, but the problem is still here : impossible to use the soft since 1.6.4 under MacOSX...!
Please help me to find a solution....
MakeMKV_log.txt
(38.26 KiB) Downloaded 527 times
Best regards
Vincent
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

You are using an USB-Hub (concentrateur) as intermediary between OSX and BD-drive.

Have you ever tried connecting your drive directly to your mac and "successfully" reproduced the error?

Although it would not explain, why MakeMKV works<1.6.4/daspi<doesn't work, but it might be worth a try.

However, I'm just guessing based on experienced kext-troubles with my usb wlan adapter, which is connected via hub to my mac and used to cause troubles in macos which it did not in windows-vm.

Maybe daspi.kext just doesn't like your HUB :D
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,

No, my BD Drive is directly connected behind my iMac and there is no hub between...
It runs correctly under a Paralels virtual machine with MakeMKV and AnyDVDHD under a seven OS...
So I don't understand....!

Thanks for your help.

Vincent
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,

Yesterday, when I downloaded the last 1.6.10 release (with a new daspi 1.3 extension), I wanted to believe in a MIRACLE....!
But NO, it doesn't work better and I've the same error...
Under Windows 7 it runs very well, it's french localized, but it's under Windows...!
I've joined my log file if any help is enough possible !?
MakeMKV_log.txt
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
Best regards,

Vincent
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

vinger wrote:Hello,

Yesterday, when I downloaded the last 1.6.10 release (with a new daspi 1.3 extension), I wanted to believe in a MIRACLE....!
But NO, it doesn't work better and I've the same error...
Under Windows 7 it runs very well, it's french localized, but it's under Windows...!
I've joined my log file if any help is enough possible !?
MakeMKV_log.txt
Best regards,

Vincent
The error comes from Mac OS .Do you get any error messages when running MakeMKV in parallels? Also, when you run MakeMKV in parallels, is your drive accessible from Mac OS? Can you explore disc in finder while MakeMKV copies it in parallels vm?
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,

Ok I do this and I come back with the results.

Thanks.

Vincent
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,

It seems there are some errors when I rip a BD under a Parallels seven VM. I join the copy of these errors.
MakeMKV Errors on Parallels VM.txt
(1.79 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
When I run MakeMKV in parallels, my BD drive isn't accessible from Mac OS? It is unmount from MAcOS X and mount in Parallels VM.
So I can't see it in Finder and can't explore it in finder while MakeMKV copies it in parallels vm.

I hope this test and answers help you to find what is my problem with your excellent software, but I prefer use it in Mac OS X !!! :)

Best regards,

Vincent
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hello,

I've tested all the new releases of MakeMKV until the last, but I still have the same problem and I must launch the soft under my Parallel VM to obtain MKV from my Blurays... It doesn't run directly on the MAC !
As I don't see any solution for my problem, I ask this question : Is there a Bluray drive connected in usb or fw800 on a MAC which runs correctly with MakeMKV ?

Best Regards.

Vincent.
vinger

Post by vinger »

Hi,
I've forgiven the idea to extract my BD disk on my MAC with MakeMKV, even with the last update 1.7 (nothing is changed). So I use the windows release of the soft to the same thing in my Parallels VM, and it runs WELL, with the same hardware... :oops:
I don't understand anything in this story but I think I'm not the only one... :mrgreen:

So should I change my USB BD drive ? And which runs correctly under Lion session ?

Thanks.

Vincent