Evaluation Period Has Expired

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
tryol0

Evaluation Period Has Expired

Post by tryol0 »

In the past I was able to delete the application, download the new version, and continue using MakeMKV. I tried that but I'm still getting the "Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key..." I know, I should probably just purchase the key but $60 is kind of pricey for me. Is there a way to get this working again without purchasing the key?
Woodstock

Re: Evaluation Period Has Expired

Post by Woodstock »

That is because the current version is older than 60 days. You need to install it, then apply the current key.

Also note that the current key expires in a few days, so you'll have to do it again when the new key is issued.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
sgraham2018

Post by sgraham2018 »

I have run into the same issue however I am now getting a fatal error and the program quits so am unable to insert the key. I have uninstalled and installed again and continue to get the fatal error. I am running 13.5.1 as my OS. Ideas?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

sgraham2018 wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:03 pm
I have run into the same issue however I am now getting a fatal error and the program quits so am unable to insert the key. I have uninstalled and installed again and continue to get the fatal error. I am running 13.5.1 as my OS. Ideas?
Hint from the FAQ:
But I have to rip this disk NOW, and the beta key is expired! MakeMKV checks the key for expiration by comparing your system DATE when the program STARTS. It does NOT check it after that. What you do with that information is up to you.
zombi51

Post by zombi51 »

hello everyone for the October 2023 key is there any news?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That is because the current version is older than 60 days. You need to install it, then apply the current key.
The ONLY news would be at that link. What you see elsewhere are people complaining that they haven't checked the official link to find the key, and wondering why it hasn't been updated.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging