Mac OS 14.1 and Makemkv 1.17.5

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
glennsan

Mac OS 14.1 and Makemkv 1.17.5

Post by glennsan »

While trying to burn a dvd it appears to work and starts to download the file into the movie directory but then shortly afterwards stops and reports Copy complete. 0 titles saved, 1 failed.
This has happened twice to different DVD's. I have done this successfully dozens of times previously so am wondering which of the two (Mac or MakeMKV) or both, are causing the issue. Thank you.
Low Winter Sun

Re: Mac OS 14.1 and Makemkv 1.17.5

Post by Low Winter Sun »

What kind of an error message are you getting for the failed titles? I have no issues at all with Makemkv on my Mac, but I've not updated to OSX 14 yet.
glennsan

Post by glennsan »

Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB' at offset '0'
Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB' at offset '0'
Failed to save title 0 to file /Users/glenne/Movies/C1_t00.mkv
glennsan

Post by glennsan »

Looks like I was able to get it running by switching the ports it was connected to from my dock to the Macbook Pro itself. Thanks.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

glennsan wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:27 pm
Failed to save title 0 to file /Users/glenne/Movies/C1_t00.mkv
Looks like a power issue drive is disconnecting
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com