Ripping folder structure - how?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Timberflake1983

Ripping folder structure - how?

Post by Timberflake1983 »

Despite all my disc ripping fine in MakeMKV (or at least, makemkv reporting a successful rip), I can't get handbrake to complete a file even though I'm using the same process I always have.

I posted on the handbrake forum and someone advised they were "bad rips" but I'm not sure if that is the case as I've tried rips from multiple sources. Someone had suggested that I try ripping "folder structure" but I have no idea where this option is in MakeMKV, can anyone point me in the right direction??
Coopervid

Re: Ripping folder structure - how?

Post by Coopervid »

If you open Makemkv you see "File" "View" "Help" at the top of the window. Below there are 4 icons. The second from the left shows "Backup" if you hover with your mouse over it. Don't click on the big drive icon like if you make mkvs but click directly the "Backup" icon.
d00zah

Re: Ripping folder structure - how?

Post by d00zah »

Timberflake1983 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:57 am
Despite all my disc ripping fine in MakeMKV (or at least, makemkv reporting a successful rip), I can't get handbrake to complete a file even though I'm using the same process I always have.

I posted on the handbrake forum and someone advised they were "bad rips" but I'm not sure if that is the case as I've tried rips from multiple sources. Someone had suggested that I try ripping "folder structure" but I have no idea where this option is in MakeMKV, can anyone point me in the right direction??
From the MakeMKV 'Tools' menu > 'Backup' (or the 'folder' icon on the toolbar). When the 'Backup' dialog opens, check 'Decrypt video files'.