1.6.7 Fatal Error reading Blu-Rays

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
strider255

1.6.7 Fatal Error reading Blu-Rays

Post by strider255 »

Hi,

Starting today, I have noticed sporadic "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit" messages while saving blu-ray tracks with makemkv. Upon confirming the dialog box containing the message, the program does indeed exit. This behavior has occurred while saving multiple tracks on multiple blu-ray discs (all of which showed no visible scratches or blemishes). I have restarted makemkv following the abrupt exits and usually the track that failed gets saved successfully on the next run, but, during this run, the next track fails. I have repeated this process a number of times to save all the tracks on these discs.

I've noticed similar postings in the "Blu-ray error reports" forum (i.e. relating to this specific error message), but Mike indicated that these might be different issues requiring separate attention. Any workarounds or bug fixes in upcoming makemkv beta releases will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your hard work!

MakeMKV version: 1.6.7 (latest as of this posting date)
DASPI version: 1.2
OSX version: 10.6.7
Blu-Ray drive model #: SBC-06D1S-U

If there is any additional info you need for debugging purposes, please let me know, and I'll generate a BD dump.
mike admin

Re: 1.6.7 Fatal Error reading Blu-Rays

Post by mike admin »

Please capture error report per http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/dump.html and post here or send to support@makemkv.com