Apple Power Macintosh G5 Quad

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
epcomworld

Apple Power Macintosh G5 Quad

Post by epcomworld »

A few years ago I purchased a used Power Macintosh G5 Quad 2.5 GHz from a friend. The machine is workhorse and runs the Apple OS 10.5 system well. I installed multiple SSDs into the machine, greater RAM capacity, High End 512mb graphics card, and a Blu-Ray Drive. The system does everything I always ask of it, except, play Blu-Ray Disks. On my MacBook Pro Laptop I am able to use the MakeMKV application and watch Blu-rays. Since I have started to produce such movies on this machine it is annoying that I am unable to play them back on the same platform.

I know that the Power Macintosh G5 Quad has the power to play Blu-Rays, but it lacks software. Is there anyway that a version of MakeMKV can be made available to allow the machine to play Blu-Ray Movies? I know the machine uses the Power Architecture vs. the new standard Intel Architecture, but that one feature alone would make this machine just as capable as any new product on the market (at least in my opinion and for my needs).

If there is any other trick or command line utility that could get Blu-Ray Movies to play or stream like in the full application released for Intel Macs that would be great. I look forward to your response and appreciate the time spent on the development of this useful application.
skittle

Re: Apple Power Macintosh G5 Quad

Post by skittle »

I would guess that the Devs may be able to cross compile for powerpc, however AFAIK their code only runs on x86.
mike admin

Re: Apple Power Macintosh G5 Quad

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV can't be ported to PowerPC for too many reasons. I'm sorry, but the answer is no.