1.6.14 won't work in Lion 10.7.1

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mc123

1.6.14 won't work in Lion 10.7.1

Post by mc123 »

Be trying out MakeMKV in OSX. .12 worked fine, .13 worked fine, but when I updated to .14 yesterday, the program just freezes while it is trying to read the blu ray disc. Tried a couple discs, same lockup. I uninstalled then re installed, same outcome. I then uninstalled and re installed .13, now it works again??

Suggestions?
jlocker

Re: 1.6.14 won't work in Lion 10.7.1

Post by jlocker »

Backing up Office Space, reading disc, slows way down about 15 mins in and then MakeMKV goes into pinwheel application not responding. The blue light read light is not on, this is a 12x LG burner. Have to kill app and I have tried a couple of times a no go.
nicholfd

Post by nicholfd »

I've successfully used 1.6.14 with Lion 10.7.1 on 3 x BluRays:
Gnomeo & Juliet
Where The Wild Things Are
Trick-R-Treat

I have recently seen (unrelated to MakeMKV) an old OS X hardware issue come back. With some aftermarket (not supplied by Apple) optical drives, they may disappear from the bus. I personally have not had this issue until about a month or so ago. It is related to the optical drive "sleeping" and not being initialized properly when it is accessed. I first read of this issue in 2009. In the last month or two, I have seen it with a three year old LG DVD burner, which had been working flawlessly, and now with a new Pioneer BDR-206D. It may have started with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I'm not sure when it first affected me. A reboot of the machine makes the drive appear and work properly. If this occurs when you have MakeMKV open, or are using MakeMKV, MakeMKV will hang for no apparent reason and be difficult to close.

If someone is having this issue, and wants more information, reply and I will find links to the articles.
HakanL

Post by HakanL »

I seem to have this problem. I can run MakeMKV on Mac for a while, but not enough to rip the whole Blu-ray movie. It works great connected to my Windows PC. Even running over Parallels gives me the same behavior, it stops ripping after some minutes with errors. If I look at the Console I see a ton of USB errors (again it works fine on my PC). The USB-Sata adapter is Vantec Nexstar DX, but it seemed to be recommended on several sites for Mac, so I don't think the adapter is causing it. My Blu-ray is an LG CH08LS10 with 2.00 firmware.
chaselby

Post by chaselby »

Mine recognizes the drive and disc. However, it fails to open the disc.

The first error displayed is: "Scsi error - NO SENSE:NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION occurred while issuing SCSI command A40..0020..0FF to device 'DASPI:IODASPIService:732e5cd5ad94b4ef:'

The next error is displayed over and over: 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00xxx.m2ts' at offset '0'.

And then finaly it states: "Failed to open disc"

I have tried multiple discs. The drive works fine on other machines, and has worked on this machine in prior builds.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
Mac OS X Lion (10.7.1 Build 11B26)
BD-ROM Matshita BD-CMB UJ-120 1.00
MakeMKV v1.6.14
DASPI v1.3 installed
darkravernl

Post by darkravernl »

Running on 10.7.1, on a Mac Pro 2.66GHz.
MakeMKV 1.6.14 and latest nightly build of Handbrake, also installed the DASPI v1.3 (!!! DONT FORGET THIS <<<<)

Everything seems to work fine, took 40minutes to rip the first one, starting with my second Blu-ray backup now.

Have you restarted/shutdown your computer after installing everything, without any disc in the tray. Then once started insert your disk, let Mac OS load your disk (wait for it to show up or give the popup message that it cannot read the disk blabla) THEN start MakeMKV and do everything.

Also I must note that I am using the *_V2_BUG mode 1 now (default is 0 out of available options: 0 1 2)
HakanL

Post by HakanL »

What is the V2 BUG mode?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

HakanL wrote:What is the V2 BUG mode?
It's irrelevant when DASPI is used. If you don't have DASPI installed then read on - http://www.makemkv.com/osxbd/
danvielesonoma

Post by danvielesonoma »

I got it to work.... I've just started my first BD rip... there's a bit of trail and error to this. I'm using latest Lion 10.7.1, and installed the DASPI v1.3, thanks to this forum. Nothing worked before that, discs just popped back out, and I almost sent the drive back. I installed DASPI as instructed, restarted the 3.06ghz MBPro, and put a BD in, nothing, the disc popped out as usual. Then started MakeMKVBeta, and put the disc back in... it took it and gave me choices. That's the reverse of what the message that got me to install DASPI said, but its working! It's running now, looks like about 40 minutes to rip the entire disc. I think you may have to play with it a bit depending on your disc drive. Mine was from Amazon, cost about $69, is literally the size of the disc and about 3/4" tall, quiet, weighs nothing, and operates off USB power. If it does the job in 40 minutes, I can carry it with me and rip anywhere I've got my laptop in less time than watching another movie with a friend.