Direct Access on OS X

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mrcarson2

Direct Access on OS X

Post by mrcarson2 »

I need to enable Direct Access for SCSI MMC devices in order to use MakeMKV. I need to know what plist to edit and what to edit on it. Thanks.
Cave Man

Re: Direct Access on OS X

Post by Cave Man »

I'd like this info, too. According to the support page (http://www.makemkv.com/osxmmc/) it should be here in the forums, but I have not found it. I searched for plist and nothing came up in the search result.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This information will be posted here "shortly". I wish I could say more, but for some wired reason this information is not available now :(
Cave Man

Post by Cave Man »

I look forward to seeing it, Mike. Looks like the app is off to a good start.
MnkyPwz

Post by MnkyPwz »

Yeah I'm with the other two, My Pro doesn't recognize it but I have another friend of mine has a 2008 mac pro but has no issues. Please release that plist edit cuz I'm chompin at the bit.
mexman

Post by mexman »

Hello,

This looks like a great program, and I am dying to try it out. Any ETA on release of plist info?
giraffeabduction

Post by giraffeabduction »

2 Months later and still no word? Any news on when we might expect this released?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Sorry, guys after all it looks like plist is not enough and one would need to patch an OS binary. We are planning to release a "patcher" soon, but it is significantly more invasive. :( The patch process is fairly safe in a sense that it will either patch successfully or not patch at all.
bmille6

Post by bmille6 »

It seems I have run into the same problem. Any ETA on the patcher? I would greatly appreciate it.

Brett Miller
nathaniel7

Post by nathaniel7 »

I don't want to wait for a patcher if possible could you please tell what binary needs edited and the changes to make? Something like change 937e6f to 3a56f7 in the file /System/Library/foo.bar would suit me perfectly. Thanks!
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

In a near future MakeMKV will use OS support for blu-ray discs introduced in Leopard, so no patching or direct access would be required.
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

So this means OS X users won't need a combo BD drive anymore? Just a BD reader (without CD/DVD burner)?
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

mrbass wrote:So this means OS X users won't need a combo BD drive anymore? Just a BD reader (without CD/DVD burner)?
yes
nathaniel7

Post by nathaniel7 »

That sound great, looking forward to dumping Windows and NTFS. Thanks Mike!
El Massman

Post by El Massman »

that sounds great. been using a usb adaptor and virtualbox for ripping at the moment but it's slow as hell. also looking forward to being able to stream blurays to plex without any jumping. any chance of getting a rough timeline of when this will be implimented? not talking specifics, just something like days, weeks or months. next release, 2 releases away, 3 releases away etc...

thanks for a great app,

marc