Direct Access on OS X

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
slyreptile

Re: Direct Access on OS X

Post by slyreptile »

Looking forward to this. I recently purchased a read-only blu-ray drive for my mac pro (don't need a burner!). I didn't bother to check the forums first and found out the hard way the drive doesn't work. .....sigh.....Please help me get rid of Windows!
mrbass

Post by mrbass »

El Massman wrote:that sounds great. been using a usb adaptor and virtualbox for ripping at the moment but it's slow as hell. also looking forward to being able to stream blurays to plex without any jumping. any chance of getting a rough timeline of when this will be implimented? not talking specifics, just something like days, weeks or months. next release, 2 releases away, 3 releases away etc...

thanks for a great app,

marc
Shouldn't be slow. Definitely make sure your plugging the usb into the computer directly and not through a hub or the apple keyboard usb ports. Makes a HUGE difference speed wise.

On a side note to this I thought Snow Leopard is slow with it's NTFS built-in ability http://ntfsmounter.com/ (free utility) to copy data to a NTFS formatted drive. It is when plugged into my usb hub or apple keyboard usb ports. Ironically if I plug same drive formatted as HFS+ into apple keyboard usb ports then it copys fast. But copy speeds almost the same when I have that NTFS drive plugged directly into computer.
kode54

Post by kode54 »

Still looking forward to a fix for this! Otherwise, I'll just use DVD Decryptor on my Windows machine to brute force it from my unpatched internal drive. This accursed Apple SuperDrive keeps spitting out access errors, even when it claims to be using direct mode.