BD+, MakeMkv, PopCorn Hour C200 no go?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
xecode

BD+, MakeMkv, PopCorn Hour C200 no go?

Post by xecode »

All tried to do some searching on here to see if anyone has encountered this, but only came up with a few posts that didn't really answer my question.

Using MakeMkv (MacOS X, have not tried Windows) 1.6.16 or before (And trying as I type this with 1.7.0) ripping titles with BD+ (to complete folder structure) then playing the resulting folder with menu support on my popcorn hour C-200 It thinks for a while then shows the "You need to update your players firmware" BD+ screen which I can't skip/jump out of. If I use Any DVD HD to remove BD+ protection when ripping then I don't get this error when playing t. Can someone tell me how the BD+ MakeMKV support works, is it supposed to remove it or what exactly? Also I may suck at navigating websites, but I couldn't seem to find anywhere on makemkv.com it explained what "always create BD+ dumps" does in application preferences, do I want this enabled?

I am going to go over to the popcorn forums and search them up, I just thought someone with some MakeMKV knowledge could chime in on these boards. I don't have a current license for AnyDVD nor do i really want to use it. I am quite fond of MakeMKV, just wondering if anyone has encountered these issues before when trying to playback (on popcorn hour or any device/BD software player) with navigation/menus a ripped/decrypted BDMV folder structure disc that had BD+ protection

Thanks for any hive wisdom on the matter :-)
inliner

Re: BD+, MakeMkv, PopCorn Hour C200 no go?

Post by inliner »

I too have these problems with various discs like Avatar ECE or Planet of the Apes: Prevolution, though using Win7 and an Oppo-93. I would welcome a fix or workaround.