A few questions for a newb if someone would be so kind...

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
michaeldc

A few questions for a newb if someone would be so kind...

Post by michaeldc »

Hi all, I have search through many posts but struggling to find a few answers as each search brings up about 20 pages of results! I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out just a little...

1. I want to make a backup of one of my blu-rays - in this instance it's Die Hard. I load the disc up, check decrypt video files in full disc backup mode and rip to the hard drive. My log tells me the following:

Automatic SVQ downloading is disabled or failed.
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/00000.svq
BD+ code processed, got 1 FUT(s) for 1 clip(s)

Ok so a couple of questions - SVQ downloading is disabled or failed - presumably failed as I can't find the option to turn it on... is it a problem it has failed, not sure what this line means or if using a generic SVQ is a problem?

What does the 1 FUT for 1 Clip mean exactly?

Finally, it's ripped on my hard drive, is this disc now ready to burn to a blu-ray? Is the copy protection stripped out completely? Is it region free now? (Can't seem to find any info on region stripping here).

Last question - I have a BDMV folder and Certificate folder - if using toast is it a matter of simply putting both of these folder into the 'BDMV Folder' template in toast and burning?

Sorry to be such a newb about the whole thing but it's quite difficult to find out the simple information sometimes and I've been checking for 3 days now.

Many thanks
michaeldc

Re: A few questions for a newb if someone would be so kind..

Post by michaeldc »

Also, looking at my files the certificate folder contains another folder called backup which is empty and there is a makemkv folder too with plenty of files - are either of these needed when burning to a blu-ray disc?