Bug reports

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
marcusj0015

Bug reports

Post by marcusj0015 »

and one feature request :p

add m2ts demuxing support, it's a pain in the ass to have to mix from m2ts, to mkv, just to reencode the mkv for the final (3rd) time.

The Matroska container uses the file extensions .mkv, .mka, .mks, and .mk3d, yet MakeMKV only supports opening .mkv files, and it's also a pain in the ass to have to change the damn file extension to open the damn thing.

Also, on OS X the BDMV folder is treated as a file, and we can't point to the index.bdmv file, because the file picker won't show us it's contents, so if you could fix those three things, that'd be awesome. :)

Here's a screenshot of OS X's Finder showing the BDMV folder:

http://i.imgur.com/BiMUKCE.png
mike admin

Re: Bug reports

Post by mike admin »

marcusj0015 wrote:add m2ts demuxing support, it's a pain in the ass to have to mix from m2ts, to mkv, just to reencode the mkv for the final (3rd) time.
Please describe your workflow - its very likely that MakeMKV already can do what you need.
marcusj0015 wrote:The Matroska container uses the file extensions .mkv, .mka, .mks, and .mk3d, yet MakeMKV only supports opening .mkv files, and it's also a pain in the ass to have to change the damn file extension to open the damn thing.
Which one are you trying to open? MakeMKV can't open audio-only (or subtitle-only) MKV files.
marcusj0015 wrote:Also, on OS X the BDMV folder is treated as a file, and we can't point to the index.bdmv file, because the file picker won't show us it's contents, so if you could fix those three things, that'd be awesome. :)
What version are you using? This was fixed a long time ago - you should be able to select the BDMV "file-folder" in File->Open menu.
marcusj0015

Post by marcusj0015 »

I'm using version 1.8.4 for Mac on mac (obviously).

as in, if I try to open a m2ts file, I can't select it, only MKVs and BDMV folders are selectable.

also, there are blu-ray's being released with no video, only audio (it's called High Fidelity Pure Audio by Universal Music Group as of now) and it'd be great if you could allow us to rip those bds (details on that format: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11097)

since makemkv won't allow me to select a m2ts file outside of a BDMV folder, I have to use mkvtoolnix to take the m2ts > mkv > makemkv mkv.

sometimes mkvtoolnix will give an mkv the wrong extension (especially .mk3d and I have to rename it for MakeMKV to allow me to select it.)
toyuniverses

Post by toyuniverses »

My preferred language in makemkv is English. Whenever I rip a disc that has no English audio track (which is often not obvious!), I end up with no audio track at all. It should warn me before it starts copying that there is no audio track, and so this rip will probably be useless!