Is there support for BD+ ?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Jordy

Is there support for BD+ ?

Post by Jordy »

Loving this software, does exactly what it says on the tin. I was wondering though if there was BD+ support, or is it coming in a future release?
Keep up the fantastic work!
mike admin

Re: Is there support for BD+ ?

Post by mike admin »

Yes, starting from version 1.4.9 MakeMKV supports all BD+ titles released to date.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Thanks Mike, that's excellent news.

Actually I was wondering, are there any plans to make a 64bit version that makes use of Grand Central for multicore processing in Snow Leopard? I understand you are always limited by the speed of your Optical Drive and Hard Drive, but any speed boost elsewhere in the process is always a plus :)
piratemonkey

Post by piratemonkey »

Mike.....been loving this program to back-up the bluray discs I own and stream via my PS3MS.
A few quick questions as I'm currently using the Beta 1.4.9 on a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.
1) Is there any advantage to using a registered or full copy vs beta and is there such a copy?
2) It seems that when I make a copy of any VC-1 movies, the PS3 does not support, giving me a "corrupted file" message.......any way around this with MakeMKV?
3) Some recent titles do not seem to be supported with the security for me to make a back-up such as Night at the Museum 2, etc......is there anything I could or should do to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help with these ?'s above.
John
piratemonkey

Post by piratemonkey »

piratemonkey wrote:Mike.....been loving this program to back-up the bluray discs I own and stream via my PS3MS.
A few quick questions as I'm currently using the Beta 1.4.9 on a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.
1) Is there any advantage to using a registered or full copy vs beta and is there such a copy?
2) It seems that when I make a copy of any VC-1 movies, the PS3 does not support, giving me a "corrupted file" message.......any way around this VC-1 issue with MakeMKV?
3) Some recent titles do not seem to be supported with the security for me to make a back-up such as Night at the Museum 2, etc......is there anything I could or should do to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help with these ?'s above.
John
Hi Mike.....I believe I answered question 3 by downloading the SVQ file and info from the website, ty!
If you get a minute, please help me with questions 1&2
TY.....John
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

piratemonkey wrote:Mike.....been loving this program to back-up the bluray discs I own and stream via my PS3MS.
MakeMKV is currently in beta - there is only one beta version and it has no restricitions.
piratemonkey wrote: 2) It seems that when I make a copy of any VC-1 movies, the PS3 does not support, giving me a "corrupted file" message.......any way around this with MakeMKV?
I know for sure that one can convert MKV with VC1 video into AVCHD disc image with tsMuxer and it would play perfectly on PS3. I guess it is a bug or limitation in ps3 media server. I do not know any more details.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Jordy wrote:Thanks Mike, that's excellent news.

Actually I was wondering, are there any plans to make a 64bit version that makes use of Grand Central for multicore processing in Snow Leopard? I understand you are always limited by the speed of your Optical Drive and Hard Drive, but any speed boost elsewhere in the process is always a plus :)
MakeMKV already uses multicore processing, it does not use GCD but has its own code, but still it would use all of your available cores :)
piratemonkey

Post by piratemonkey »

mike admin wrote:
MakeMKV is currently in beta - there is only one beta version and it has no restricitions.
piratemonkey wrote: 2) It seems that when I make a copy of any VC-1 movies, the PS3 does not support, giving me a "corrupted file" message.......any way around this with MakeMKV?
I know for sure that one can convert MKV with VC1 video into AVCHD disc image with tsMuxer and it would play perfectly on PS3. I guess it is a bug or limitation in ps3 media server. I do not know any more details.
Great.....thx Mike.
I'll give it a try and hopefully soon find another media player to stream so this extra process can be avoided.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Cheers for the heads up Mike, nice to see there is multicore support. I have 8 cores to play with so hopefully MakeMKV should blitz the processor intensive sections.