Issues ripping American Gangster

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
Marauder911

Issues ripping American Gangster

Post by Marauder911 »

Hi All,

First off, I want to say MakeMKV is an awesome application. I have been ripping my Blu Ray collection without issue so far, but just had an interesting problem with American Gangster.

When I went to rip it, I noticed it going exceedingly fast, and ended up with a file of only a gig or so, rather than the 30ish gigs that was predicted. I tried this with both titles (theatrical, and unrated extended), and the same thing happened.

When I went to play it back in plex, it actually had the first bits of the movie, but stopped short after a a dozen or so minutes. Any ideas why this is happening? I googled, and do not see this issue reported elsewhere. I loaded up a free trial of AnyDVD HD in Windows 7 on VMware, and it is happily extracting the movie. I would much prefer to use MakeMKV as it is a native mac program.

Thanks for any help.
mike admin

Re: Issues ripping American Gangster

Post by mike admin »

A known problem with version 1.4.10 . Please download the latest version, it should work.
Marauder911

Post by Marauder911 »

Thank you so much, that seems to be working. I appreciate the quick response, and thanks again for a wonderful product!
ELVISPOPCORN

Post by ELVISPOPCORN »

mike admin wrote:A known problem with version 1.4.10 . Please download the latest version, it should work.
Latest version (.11) works well, no problems on this title. :mrgreen:
nixxes

Post by nixxes »

Hi, I also have a problem ripping American Gangster. Have tried it with both the theatrical and directors cut and I get a fatal error about two thirds of the way through. I am using Mac OS 10.6.3 with MakeMKV 1.5.3 and also tried it with 1.5.2. Have also tried on a Windows XP virtual machine with 1.5.3. It fails at slightly different points each time and the disc has no scratches at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

nixxes wrote:Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Please submit a log file per http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6
nixxes

Post by nixxes »

Sorry for the delay in replying. I had borrowed the disc but have now got another copy and this has worked fine. Although the previous disc didn't look like it was scratched maybe it was or in the mean time I have upgraded to 1.5.4 so maybe that did it? Either way it now works. Great app by the way and thanks for the support.

Thanks