Has Yosemite 10.10.2 broken MakeMKV?

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
OneFastSkater

Re: Has Yosemite 10.10.2 broken MakeMKV?

Post by OneFastSkater »

What disk drive are you using?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Pioneer (Internal) BDR-208DBK
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
OneFastSkater

Post by OneFastSkater »

I ordered a new drive. Had the LG for about a year. The fact that it does not work on any Mac I have, different OS, strongly suggest the drive has issues. Will post results after it show up.
TEG24601

Post by TEG24601 »

I tried my drive on the same computer in Windows 7, and had the same results. I'm going to try it on my parents' iMac, running 10.9 and see if I get the same results. If I do, I will be contacting Buffalo about a warranty replacement. If it does work, then it may being something at the EFI level in 10.10 that is causing issues.
OneFastSkater

Post by OneFastSkater »

OK so I just received a new BluRay/DVD drive this afternoon and I'm able to rip. So the real question is what happened between LG and OS X 10.10.

Since I don't have a PC I have not been able to upgrade the firmware on the LG drive. LG only offers an exe to upgrade the firmware. I suspect that there is a protocol error between the drive and OS X. The new Pioneer BALOOOOOWS in term of performance and the LG device screamed. Alas it's a door stop now.

I
bkjeell

Post by bkjeell »

I have also the same problem. Samsung SE-506.Also a paid user that can not copy any Blu-Ray disks. Very discouraged!! :( :(
As a side note, just tried to copy with DVDFab9, and it works fine. Why not MakeMKV?
OneFastSkater

Post by OneFastSkater »

The plot thickens ...

The Pioneer drive I purchased worked with Yosemite yet was incredibly slow working with BluRays.

On the assumption that the LG drive had failed I re-ordered a new one, I really appreciate the speed advantage that this drive offers. Well the brand new drive failed to read any disks. LG most likely has not keep up with the security, drive signing requirements for Yosemite.

I'm off to flame LG.
OneFastSkater

Post by OneFastSkater »

LG just confirmed that the device does not work with OS X 10.10.2 and that a firmware update is forthcoming. Stay tuned and heads up.
TEG24601

Post by TEG24601 »

TEG24601 wrote:I tried my drive on the same computer in Windows 7, and had the same results. I'm going to try it on my parents' iMac, running 10.9 and see if I get the same results. If I do, I will be contacting Buffalo about a warranty replacement. If it does work, then it may being something at the EFI level in 10.10 that is causing issues.
I ended up getting a replacement from Buffalo. It worked great until a couple of days ago, and now by backups are being corrupted.