Audio Track not staying in sync with video

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
hansensd

Audio Track not staying in sync with video

Post by hansensd »

I created an MKV out of a DVD of Spanish that says an alphabetic letter with an associated name of an item. The first letter of A the sound is in sync. With each successive letter the audio and vidio are further out of sync. I'm using a MAC with el capitan and an LG Blueray disk reader. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?
Woodstock

Re: Audio Track not staying in sync with video

Post by Woodstock »

It may be player dependent - I have found several player software packages that do not keep MKV audio syncronized, even though they claim MKV compatibility. VLC has been pretty good, on all platforms. Others, not so much. The Android video player is off by about 10% in audio vs. video speed. Convert the same file to an MP4, and the sync is just fine.

What are you using to play the MKV file?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hansensd

Post by hansensd »

I am using VLC. I tried converting the DVD using HandBrake to a m4v file and got the same results.
DHPatrick

Post by DHPatrick »

Same issues. Using El Capitan, VLC and the LG Blue-ray recorder. Voice not in sync with video. Many years ago, I remember running into this before. It requires an adjustment with the ripper software- unfortunately, I do not remember what the adjustment was.
DHPatrick

Post by DHPatrick »

Go into VLC preferences to Audio. Adjust Audio desyncronization compensation to a value of -500. You may have to tweet it a bit to get the sync proper. Your voice will be in sync with the the video. This applies to an El Capitan, VLC and LG Blue-rtay recorder issue.