imkvextract issues

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
clerkdante

imkvextract issues

Post by clerkdante »

I posted this in the general forum, but this may perhaps be a more appropriate place.
Over the last month or so I've established a pretty reliable method of Bluray backing up using MakeMKV, imkvextract, handbrake (when necessary) and TSmuxerGUI. I've had no problem keeping TrueHD and DTS audio tracks.

I had a system failure over the weekend and had to install a new harddrive in my Macbook Pro (running Snow Leopard). I used my Time Machine backup to restore my system after in stalling the OS on the new hard drive, but now I cannot duplicate my previous success.

This week I've tried to backup Pirates 3 and Twister and in both cases, I'm able to rip with MakeMKV but the resulting file crashes imkvextract and when moved in to TSmuxerGUI I get a an error that says "Some tracks not recognized. This tracks was ignored. File name: "/Users/clerkdante/Movies/PIRATES3/title00.mkv" and then the list shows no audio track.

I don't recall doing anything special (i.e. in Terminal, etc.) to get things running the first time.

Oh and currently the resulting files DO play in VLC and MPlayer.

Any advice to get me back on track?
captain

Re: imkvextract issues

Post by captain »

I have no idea, but it sounds similar to my problem. Alas, my files NO LONGER play in VLC or Mplayer or anything, although I am getting audio from VLC. Mplayer and Handbrake don't recognize any video or audio data. VLC complains about "undf" tracks not having a codec, but then plays the audio. Last week it was complaining, but playing video and audio, and Handbrake was able to transcode those files. Something has gone awry.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please post mediainfo output for the produced MKV files.
clerkdante

Post by clerkdante »

Mike, I'd be more than happy to, but am unsure how.

A little more info. After wrestling with this issue for a couple of weeks, I gave up and using Time Machine, rolled back my system to a time when it was working, and everything was fine. This week 10.6.4 for MacOS update was released, and updating that has resulted in the same problem. MakeMKV seems to work perfectly, but when I take the resulting file to TSRemuxer, imkvextract or Handbrake I get errors:

TSRemuxer, tells me there's an unrecognizable track and ignores the TrueHD track.
imkvextract accepts the file, but then crashes when I attempt to process.
Handbrake, like TSRemuxer says it can't recognize the track.

This time, after the new Leopard update wrecked me again, I rolled back to before the update, but this time that didn't work and I'm still getting the same errors.