ISO to MKV conversion

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
jack'sson

ISO to MKV conversion

Post by jack'sson »

Hey there,

I just registered here. I have a problem with the beta version.

I converted an ISO file (contains 3 separate mpeg files) into MKV files (3) but the DivX Plus Player won't play it. Every time when i start the video with this player, it starts but few seconds after that windows pops up a message window to close the program or to find solution online. (I purchased the DivX Converter, DivX PLUS HD Codec, which works fine besides this) The other visible sign that the converted MKV files are not good is that when i choose Large Icon in the Folder view, the files show the DivX Plus icon instead of a picture from the videos' file contents.
The installation of the MakeMKV was smooth, the conversion was fast with no problems. The program reacts well and seemingly works well, not counting with this "bug or what".

Any suggestions in this topic?

PS:
windows 7 in a really power PC
uptodate
Additional programs:
DivX Plus Player 8.0.1 latest build
DivX Converter 8.0.1.49
KMPlayer
AC3 codec pack
K-Lite mega codec pack
skittle

Re: ISO to MKV conversion

Post by skittle »

suggest using mpc-hc to play instead of divx crap ;)
setarip_old

Re: ISO to MKV conversion

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
The other visible sign that the converted MKV files are not good is that when i choose Large Icon in the Folder view, the files show the DivX Plus icon instead of a picture from the videos' file contents.
That just means that DivXPlus "did you the favor" of associating that type of file with DivXPlus...