question about registration key

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
timcat

question about registration key

Post by timcat »

I have the trial version on a machine that never gets connected to the internet and that is where I would like to have the complete shareware version. Will the registration key alone activate the full version or does it require an internet connection for this to happen? Can I simply transfer the downloaded registration key from a jump drive and activate the program that way?

I appreciate your time with my question. Tim
Woodstock

Re: question about registration key

Post by Woodstock »

The key alone does the activation.

Internet access is used to check for newer versions on start-up, and also to look for SVQ files if needed to deal with BD+ copy protection (see /svq/ for more information). Both can be disabled in the preferences.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
timcat

Post by timcat »

Thanks for confirming that. I run XP on that machine and can't risk connecting it to the internet ever again. For my main computer I use linux Mint, but don't want to try installing MakeMKV for linux as it would be too much of a challenge. For some things I still need a Windows I guess...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Hmm... I wonder if MakeMKV for Windows would run under Wine? Someday, I might try that...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

timcat wrote:Thanks for confirming that. I run XP on that machine and can't risk connecting it to the internet ever again. For my main computer I use linux Mint, but don't want to try installing MakeMKV for linux as it would be too much of a challenge. For some things I still need a Windows I guess...
MakeMKV runs and installs like a dream under Linux Mint. I use it, and there is a simple install process for it. This is the link...though for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be up at the moment. Hopefully, that changes. It worked a couple days ago.