Is there a resource that helps you label all the files?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
wantonsoup

Is there a resource that helps you label all the files?

Post by wantonsoup »

I'm wondering if there are databases or websites or programs or something that help label all the files you get when you use MakeMKV? I want to save all the special feature files so I can truly put the Blu Ray disc into deep storage in my basement, but not sure what's what with everything just named "titlexx.mkv"

Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: Is there a resource that helps you label all the files?

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
wantonsoup

Post by wantonsoup »

Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking.

You know how you throw a CD in your computer and it auto-populates with the name of the album, tracks, etc? I'm wondering if there's anything like that for MakeMKV so that all the Extras are named for you. Right now I have to play each file (sometimes 50+), try and figure out what it is from the back of the Blu-Ray box, and rename it manually.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You're asking for the DVD/BD/UHD equivalent of the CDDB/FreeDB servers. It does not exist at present.

Like CDDB/FreeDB, it will require a LOT of effort by people to put together, once a standard is established for how to determine which disk is which (i.e., the method of calculating the "signature" of the disk), someone has to enter all the data.

Having contributed to the CD versions, it can be a pain in the fingertips to do, especially if there is no way to tie the various signatures that, say, "Ender's Game" disks will produce, where the feature alone can be one of dozens of titles.

It would be nice to have, most certainly. And you're not the first to ask about it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging