MKV to MP4 via Handbrake

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
leluka

MKV to MP4 via Handbrake

Post by leluka »

New to all this and I've exhausted my own trouble shooting to solve, would appreciate some help.

I'm ripping my Dvd collection of TV Series and trying to create each file into rough size 300-350kb. Regardless of what I've tried I can't seem to get file size and quality in that range. Have downloaded ep's in that size range with brilliant quality but can't seem to replicate it myself.

Is anyone able to tell me how I should setting be my Handbrake setting to to achieve this?
Woodstock

Re: MKV to MP4 via Handbrake

Post by Woodstock »

https://forum.handbrake.fr/ is where support for handbrake is found.

Be prepared to follow their support template, including posting a copy of an activity log from one of your encodes that was "not acceptable".

A "half hour" (22-24 actual minutes) TV episode from DVD with decent quality can vary in the range you're looking for, but you have to sacrifice a fair amount of detail to get a "one hour" (45-48 minute actual) episode into that space. I'm encoding all of the Star Trek series right now, and those are running about 500MB each.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
leluka

Re: MKV to MP4 via Handbrake

Post by leluka »

Hi, thanks for that. I will head over to their site and check it out. Such a tiring process. lol